• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2020/21 Northeast

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Fingers crossed for snow and no shutdowns. If I'm not allowed to travel to VT and NH then I'm going to head to western MA for the first time and get what I can.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Posting this again since I locked the 19-20 thread... Saw this today on Ski The East's Facebook page.... where would they have gotten or made enough snow for this to occur? According to Ski The East it was taken yesterday.

View attachment 112650
That ain't nuttin, @dbostedo . They were skiing a solid foot of fresh today at Saddleback and some other places. Really. Photo taken by a friend.
FB_IMG_1603066156423.jpg

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Yeah, my Facebook and Instagram feeds are full of people hiking and skiing in the snow that fell on Saturday.

I saw "three foot drifts" from one post of a hiker on Mt. Jefferson.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Posting this again since I locked the 19-20 thread... Saw this today on Ski The East's Facebook page.... where would they have gotten or made enough snow for this to occur? According to Ski The East it was taken yesterday.

View attachment 112650
A surprise snow laid down 8" at Bretton Woods early Saturday. And it cut out the power to the base lodge. How extensive was this snowfall?

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Is that Mittersill and Cannon? Right to left.
Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 10.18.44 AM.png

The big wide slope on the right is the race training slope at Mittersill. There's a T-bar accessing it. And a hut at the base for racers. On its left you can see the lift line for the fixed grip double put in a few years ago when Mittersill was made accessible to the general skier. Dense glades and little goat paths riddle the Mittersill area.

The long rectangular fall-line trail on the left, at the summit of Cannon, is Profile. You can just barely see the tram station up top beside Profile. That trail was cut by NH highway department people who know how to cut roadways straight but not curved. It gets winched nightly. Skiers on its usually icy surface provide endless entertainment to the chairlift riders on its left. Profile skis steeper than it is.

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I received an email from Hunter Mt. today and they are forecasting an opening date of November 20, 2020 I wish them luck on meeting that date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor