• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Head Kore 93

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Drahtguy Kevin: Super light both afoot and in hand, the Kore 93 is nimble yet stable and dependable in steep, bumped-out terrain. The tip made getting into turns easy no matter the snow type. The Kore’s even flex masks the stiffness and torsional rigidity that keep the ski from deflecting in dicey conditions. With a 16.4m radius, the Kore feels much narrower underfoot than it is. I could see this ski as a viable backcountry ride. Head has a winner in the new Kore series.

Insider tip: Don't let the weight fool you, this ski can be pushed.​

FairToMiddlin: The Kore series is the replacement for the Flight series, Head’s lightweight off-piste/touring ski. I admit, for riding the chair up the hill, I don’t get too excited about the manufacturers that are all wound up about adding lightness, and the Kore had me less than stoked, but I heard whispers of "whole ‘nother animal," and gave it a try.

Wow.

I got off the Kore 93 and scurried over to the Nordica tent to snatch a pair of 185 Enforcer 93s for a run or two, just to make sure I wasn’t out of my mind.

Nope, mind intact (well, mostly…). I am a fan of the Enforcer 93/100, have been since it was introduced, but for the things I would want out of a mid-90s ski, I would take the Kore.

Heresy! Nevertheless, Head has seemingly done what nobody else is truly nailing: a lighter ski that doesn’t sacrifice feel and communication. Its off-piste performance is fun and confident; back on the trail, it has a turn initiation and sidecut shape worthy of the Head name*. The Kore gets the Most Pleasant Surprise of the Year medal, no contest. I would have liked to try the Kore 105, but we didn’t have the soft snow for it. I sure do hope to get on it in the future, however.

*Weirdly, the really cool looking black topsheet offers no dimensions, and the reps awkwardly admitted they didn’t know the actual sidecut/dims. I’d put it in the realm of 16-18 m.

Insider tip: The 180 didn’t ski short; don’t feel like you need to size up as a default.​

Philpug: Nailed it. Head’s new Kore 93 is such a fun ski. Its lightweight construction and playful nature will make a lot of skiers very happy. There is a crispness here that is not found in many others skis in this class.

Insider tip: Sizing is scaled, "93" refers to just the reference size. Waist widths actually go down to 87mm for the smallest of size offerings.​
Review updated from 2020

Awards
Who is it for?
Lightweight schmightweight: it’s for folks looking for a wide 88, or narrow 98, and want solid performance, period.
Who is it not for?
True 11/10th heavyweights. It is impressive, but it has to start obeying physics at some point, and that probably starts somewhere north of a 200-lb skier.
Skier ability
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Expert
Ski category
  1. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
  3. Off Piste
  4. Trees
Segment