• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Kästle MX75

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: Kästle has always offered a narrow MX. The 70, 74, 78, even a 67 have always been in the line, but they were never really marketed to the US customer. Sure, a handful of premium shops might stock them, but those are few and far between, which is really a shame.

The on-snow feel of the MX75 is just what you would expect: smooth, silky, and most obviously much quicker edge to edge than its more popular brother, the MX83. What you can expect is a nice, quick reaction and zing when you load up the MX75. Hmmm, I am not sure I have ever used the term "zing" when describing a ski. Well, to expand on it, wouldn’t the old MX70 and more recent MX67 also have zing? Just because a ski is narrower doesn't give it zing. Zing is also a relative term: the MX75 has more than the MX83, and much of that has to do with the shape in the all-new tip and its 15.5m turn radius

Insider tip: You may have to look long and hard, since not a lot of shops will be stocking this one.​

Drahtguy Kevin: The quickness of this ski from edge to edge got my attention immediately. The 15.4m turn radius is easy to tighten, and the secure feel gained my trust, allowing me to give’r. Even in a shorter length than I would like, the ski never wavered when pushed. The smooth transition from one turn to the next made giggle. I’d pony up to buy this ski.

Insider tip: A shorter length upped the fun for me.​

Who is it for?
A skier looking for zing -- and pop. Turners. This ski likes to go left and right in rapid fashion.
Who is it not for?
Speed mavens: this one does like to turn.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
Segment
  1. Men
  2. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
151, 158, 165, 172, 179
Dimensions
124-75-103
Radius
15.4m@172cm
Rocker profile
  1. Full camber
Construction design
  1. All new
Binding options
  1. Flat
  2. System

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
So, you guys didn't give this ski much love. What do you see as the issues with it compared to other skis in the mid 75 range?

I'm looking for an exam ski. My 84 is too wide, my RX SL is too narrow. Suggestions?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So, you guys didn't give this ski much love. What do you see as the issues with it compared to other skis in the mid 75 range?

I'm looking for an exam ski. My 84 is too wide, my RX SL is too narrow. Suggestions?
What makes you say we didn't give it much love? It hasn't recieved as much attention as say the MX83 because the 83 is in our long term test fleet.

It absolutely could be your exam ski.

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
I really really loved my old first gen Kastle RX's. (Not RX10's or later)
Skied them to death!
I am quite happy with my choice of Blossom #1's to fill the 16m, 70ish slot in my quiver.
Mine are SC's but the RC's are in the same slot but stiffer.
Why not?
The full finesse SC seems like it would be a great exam ski because it really performs at reasonable speeds.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I really really loved my old first gen Kästle RX's. (Not RX10's or later)
Skied them to death!

Me too. Ran a pair of RX's into the ground and also an MX78. I had those mounted with a piston plate and Comp 16s. That was a fun ski.

Sponsor