• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review GogglesNMore prescription goggle inserts

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
So, you like to see while skiing but wear glasses. You're obviously not alone. While finding goggles to fit over glasses isn't too hard, that doesn't mean it's convenient. Enter Goggle Inserts by GoggleNMore.com.

Available in several sizes to fit inside a range of goggles the inserts have molded suspension springs that clip snuggly inside the goggle. Ordering the insert was as easy as providing your goggle make and model and your lens prescription.
20201201_201442.jpg

My insert arrived quickly and the prescription was spot on. Insertion in my Zeal Portal XL goggles was straight forward. The plastic spring clips popped in and hold the lenses snuggly.
20201201_191906.jpg

So the inserts fit. How do they work? I have five days on the slopes using them and I really like them. Initially I found the shape of the insert would catch my peripheral vision but that disappeared quickly, much like getting used to a new shape of glasses. There is no distortion between the inserts and the excellent Zeal lens and the clarity is as good as my regular glasses. As I am nearsighted I find it very convenient to raise my goggles and the inserts as one piece when looking at my phone or looking at other things up close.
20201201_192009.jpg

I experienced very little fogging and only when in the lift line. Even using a buff, cloth mask, or disposable mask, the goggles and inserts stay fog-free when moving.

If you are looking for a solution to your ocular needs, the Goggle Inserts from GogglesNMore.com are worth a look.

Pro tip: remember to remove your prescription glasses before putting on your goggles with inserts. It'll make you a bit woozy if you don't!

Last edited:

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
Thanks Andy. I bought two pairs of OTG googles, each for different conditions. (One Scott, one Smith). The only problem so far is that my eyelashes get bend against the glasses that I use with the goggles (smaller than my normal glasses - bought for skiing only). I find that to be very annoying. I'm glad to hear a fellow Pugskier give his endorsement.

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks Andy. I bought two pairs of OTG googles, each for different conditions. (One Scott, one Smith). The only problem so far is that my eyelashes get bend against the glasses that I use with the goggles (smaller than my normal glasses - bought for skiing only). I find that to be very annoying. I'm glad to hear a fellow Pugskier give his endorsement.
I have a few more days with them now. They are great. Wish I would have done this years ago!

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a pair of these too, but haven't been out on the hill yet to do a field test. What I CAN say is that the lens portion of these inserts is much bigger than any I'd seen in person before , which presumably will go a long way toward the alleviating the peripheral vision issue that I've seen with some other inserts.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Have seen this before. Seeing snow surfaces well makes bump skiing turns much easier but then am always amazed what I can do in poor light. Both eyes about 70/20 so minor corrections. Do not wear eyeglasses under goggles though tried that in the past and did not like it.

Went through the goggle option process without adding to cart. Note if one moves off that page to look at other info, the entries are erased so will need to be re-entered. There are 2 pages to fill out via the NEXT button. Besides entering prescription information in the OPTIONS, one also needs to redundantly send via email a print out of digital text of actual prescription or photo of paper from optometrist, not just the numbers, so that needs to be ready. Cost was $37 for just the goggle and a minimum of another $30 for the prescription, so about $70. Am going to think about this some more after skiing .

Florida Man

Booting up
Skier
I have a similar set from Sport Rx. They look exactly the same. I like them but having (most likely) unrelated issues with goggle fogging.

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for the review. I have been planning on switching to inserts when my current run of contact lenses run out. Like you, I would like to be able to lift the goggles to read a map or a phone.

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@Andy Mink How did the inserts work as the winter progressed? Did they fog up during storms or when working harder in bumps and in powder?
They stayed good all season. The only times I had a fogging issue were at the bottom of the runs while waiting in the lift lines. Keep in mind that included a mask (C19 good times!) so there was a lot more moisture hanging around the bottom of the goggles. When I rode the lift solo or with friends and either pulled the mask down or the goggles up everything cleared quickly.

SSSdave

Skier
Last ski season 20/21, given the mask wearing requirements that were a fogging nightmare for eyeglass wearers, I decided not to commit to a gogglenmore order that turned out to be the right choice because over the season I managed to scratch and mangle any goggles I used. Had taped foam air flow areas and regrdless was a continual war wiping fog off, especially standing in lift lines. Note I used a mask only in lift lines, rarely when skiing down. So just ordered a set that came out to be $119 incl shipping. Note they seem to have revised their online ordering page for the better as I had complained with details.

Last edited:
TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
As an update, I have switched my inserts over to my Giro goggles and they fit well. I used them first day on Friday at Mt. Rose. It was chilly (12° at go time) and I didn't have any problems fogging. I won't say they're the answer for everyone because nothing ever is. However, I don't recall any fogging WHILE skiing. That, to me, is the main thing. No fogging + being able to see = better times on the hill.

SSSdave

Skier
Per above, today received the gogglenmore order prescription goggle inserts. They are the Type 1 medium size. Was able to insert and then remove them into all 4 of my current in use goggles though a small goggle took some effort to insert. Visual prescription quality outside or installed in a goggle is excellent. Impressed with the design. Am confident this is going to be a big plus for my skiing.

goggle-inserts1.jpg

goggle-inserts2.jpg

GogglesNMore

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
SkiTalk Sponsor
So, you like to see while skiing but wear glasses. You're obviously not alone. While finding goggles to fit over glasses isn't too hard, that doesn't mean it's convenient. Enter Goggle Inserts by GoggleNMore.com.

Available in several sizes to fit inside a range of goggles the inserts have molded suspension springs that clip snuggly inside the goggle. Ordering the insert was as easy as providing your goggle make and model and your lens prescription.
View attachment 116566

My insert arrived quickly and the prescription was spot on. Insertion in my Zeal Portal XL goggles was straight forward. The plastic spring clips popped in and hold the lenses snuggly.
View attachment 116568

So the inserts fit. How do they work? I have five days on the slopes using them and I really like them. Initially I found the shape of the insert would catch my peripheral vision but that disappeared quickly, much like getting used to a new shape of glasses. There is no distortion between the inserts and the excellent Zeal lens and the clarity is as good as my regular glasses. As I am nearsighted I find it very convenient to raise my goggles and the inserts as one piece when looking at my phone or looking at other things up close.
View attachment 116567

I experienced very little fogging and only when in the lift line. Even using a buff, cloth mask, or disposable mask, the goggles and inserts stay fog-free when moving.

If you are looking for a solution to your ocular needs, the Goggle Inserts from GogglesNMore.com are worth a look.

Pro tip: remember to remove your prescription glasses before putting on your goggles with inserts. It'll make you a bit woozy if you don't!
Thanks for the review, we really appreciate you taking the time to post this!

Tahoma

Cascade Crud Mover
Skier

View attachment 116566

View attachment 116568

View attachment 116567

Hi Andy- late to this, but my daughter would really like some Rx inserts for next season. I've used contacts for years but she's not into the contact lens fiddling. Any reason you chose GogglesNMore over the other Rx insert companies out there, like SportRx? Just wondering.

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi Andy- late to this, but my daughter would really like some Rx inserts for next season. I've used contacts for years but she's not into the contact lens fiddling. Any reason you chose GogglesNMore over the other Rx insert companies out there, like SportRx? Just wondering.
I haven't had the opportunity to try others. When you hit oil, stop drilling! Seriously, I did get the GnM gratis to review. It is an honest review and I'm still using them. I imagine the SportRx are comparable.

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I bought them based on this review and used them all season. I’m a convert. After skiing with contacts my whole life, I will stick with these now. I only had fogging one day. Once I dropped my buff off my nose, they cleared right up. I also purchased some anti fog wipes from them. I haven’t needed them, but they completely solvedBob’s fogging problems.

snwbrdr

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don't like the inserts. The distance between your eyes and the insert is different than your normal glasses, so it throws off your prescription.

I just wear small enough glasses that fit under my OTG goggles.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I don't like the inserts. The distance between my eyes and the insert is different than my normal glasses, so it throws off my prescription.

I just wear small enough glasses that fit under my OTG goggles.
FIFY, everyone is a little different. FWIW, when I wore glasses, I had to wear contact lenses for the reasons you stated.

Sponsor

Staff online