• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Organizing skis can be a PITA so @Andy Mink and I bounced some ideas off of each other while walking the aisles of Home Depot and came with a wall rack that will hold 14 pair of skis organized and safely...all for about $20.00

1 2x3
1 1x3 (cut in 3" lengths)
5 3/8x5" lag bolts
28 Deck Screws
Wood Glue
Belt Sander

The part that takes the longest was shaping the 3" 1x3's to be shaped like a ski boot toe lug.

IMG_1261.JPG
IMG_1262.JPG
IMG_1263.JPG
IMG_1264.JPG
IMG_1266.JPG

The skis hang safely away from the wall and no risk of falling over. It is also handy for when I am tuning the skis.

Now to finish off the rest of the walls so I can put more skis up.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Organizing skis can be a PITA so @Andy Mink and I bounced some iseads off of each other while walking the isles of Home Depot and came with a wall rack that will hold 14 pair of skis organized and safely...all for about $20.00

1 2x3
5 3/8x5" lag bolts
28 Deck Screws
Wood Glow
Belt Sander

The part that takes the longest was shaping the 3" 1x3's to be shaped like a ski boot toe lug.

View attachment 29386 View attachment 29387 View attachment 29388 View attachment 29389 View attachment 29390

The skis hang safely away from the wall and no risk of falling over. It is also handy for when I am tuning the skis.

I'm going to ask my daughter @LuliTheYounger to build something like this for me the next time she's home! Was just looking at our sad skis in our garage. Also need some bike storage options.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Very slick. And so simple. Nicely done
All I need now is a wall big enough to put one on!!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hmm, well I think shaping the 3" 1x3's to be shaped like a ski boot toe lug would be beyond my meager woodworking abilities (The birdhouse I made in shop class in the 8th grade was condemned by the housing board).

But I like the concept!
I am sure it could be done a helluva lot fancier. But I have limited abilities too.

I used this...
IMG_1267.JPG

Very slick. And so simple. Nicely done
All I need now is a wall big enough to put one on!!
The materials are inexpensive enough to make it any size, a lot depends on how many skis you need to store.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
That's pretty impressive. I even have someone who could build one for me! He was grousing at me all winter for my horizontally-stored skis.

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
Organizing skis can be a PITA so @Andy Mink and I bounced some iseads off of each other while walking the isles of Home Depot and came with a wall rack that will hold 14 pair of skis organized and safely...all for about $20.00

1 2x3
5 3/8x5" lag bolts
28 Deck Screws
Wood Glow
Belt Sander

View attachment 29386 View attachment 29387 View attachment 29388 View attachment 29389 View attachment 29390

Nice, I like it!

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier

1 2x3
5 3/8x5" lag bolts
28 Deck Screws
Wood Glow
Belt Sander

Fantastic!!!!

dlague

Waitin' for Wintah
Skier

1 2x3
5 3/8x5" lag bolts
28 Deck Screws
Wood Glow
Belt Sander

What does the Wood Glow do - enhance the natural wood tone? Just kidding of course!

Nice job with that - plan on making one myself!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sorry wood GLUE

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
So will that wear out the springs in the toe pieces?

( that's a joke for anyone in doubt )

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Any concerns with storing skis in 110+ degrees in the summer? My garage gets really hot so I've been storing them inside the house but would love to do this project.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice job. So many choices for my new shop. I like this, but I like having pegs separating pairs with them resting on the floor. In a garage, it makes more sense to have it off the floor, I guess.

Sponsor

Staff online