• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski Reviews

2023 Head Total Joy

Tricia: On the wider side of the Joy series from Head, the Total Joy at 85mm under foot, I expected it to be a bit more sluggish than it's sister...

Replies
Views
2023 Blossom Numero Uno N*1 RC

Updated from previous season: Philpug: The Blossom Numero Uno N*1 RC is an old soul and very well could be one of the oldest ski molds that is...

Replies
Views
2023 Stöckli Montero AX

Philpug Size tested: 178cm Location tested: Loveland CO Conditions tested in: First run groomers. I went against my rule one of reviewing: “Start...

Replies
Views
2023 4FRNT MSP 107

Philpug: I really like when I get to review skis in the conditions they were designed to be skied in. 4 feet of Tahoe's best was served up for the...

Replies
Views
2022 Renoun Atlas 80

What is now the Atlas 80 is a whole new shape, more like the Z-90 but with a bit more taper in the tail. Its shape still rewards the better skier...

Replies
Views
2023 Lusti PC 77

Size Tester: 177cm Location: Palisades Tahoe/Mammoth Conditions: Spring refrozen to corn Philpug: Talk about a “tail” of two skis. I had high...

Replies
Views
2023 Volkl Deacon V.Werks

Philpug: This ski blew all our testers away. It is safe to say that it was the overwhelming shocker of the test, in the best possible way. The...

Replies
Views
2023 Nordica Enforcer 104 Free

Philpug: Playful. That's the first word that came to mind when I got on the Enforcer 104 Free a few seasons back. The forebody of the ski reminds...

Replies
Views
2023 Stöckli Laser CX

Tricia Length tested: 163 Location tested: Snowbasin, UT Conditions tested: Firm Corduroy When the early morning groomers hold up a little longer...

Replies
Views
2023 Stöckli Laser SC

Philpug Size tested: 170 Location tested: Snowbasin, UT Conditions tested in: Perfect corduroy, straight from the garment district in New York...

Replies
Views
2023 Atomic X9S

Philpug Size tested: 175cm Location tested: Snowbasin, Ut Conditions tested in: Groomed old snow “Crabcakes and Football — that’s what Maryland...

Replies
Views
2023 Nordica Enforcer 88

Philpug: At first I wondered why Nordica would introduce an Enforcer 88 when there is already the very successful 94mm version. Honestly, the 88...

Replies
Views
2022 Augment All Mountain 88 Carving

**Without editing the whole review, the All Mountain 88 Ti, for 2022 is now called the All Mountain 88 Carving ** Philpug: With the new name for...

Replies
Views
2 3
2023 Blizzard Phoenix R13 Ca

Updated from previous season ... Tricia: Do you want a capable carving ski to learn how to make turns that will impress your friends and blow the...

Replies
Views
2022 Salomon QST 98

Philpug: With the addition of the Stance 96 and 102, some questioned the need for the QST 99. I am sure Salomon did too, hence the redirection of...

Replies
Views
2022 K2 Disruption Ti2

Philpug: OK, this is a big-boy ski designed under the watchful eye of retired US Ski Team member Warner Nickerson. I am guessing after skiing the...

Replies
Views
2023 Rossignol Black Ops 98 - Black

Updated from previous season ... Philpug: Is Rossignol just really our to #%$ with us? First this ski was the Black Ops then it was the Black Ops...

Replies
Views
2023 Rossignol Experience 86 Basalt

Philpug Size tested: 176cm Location tested: Snowbird, Ut Conditions tested in: Chalky groomers SkiTalk has the Experience 86 Basalt’s big...

Replies
Views
2023 Nordica Unleashed 98

Stephen Size tested: 186cm Location tested: Loveland, CO Conditions tested in: Fresh groomers, off piste chalk, moguls From the moment I saw...

Replies
Views
2022 Völkl Kendo 88

Philpug: I will preface this review with the statement that I never really warmed up to previous generations of the Kendo. This does not mean it...

Replies
Views