• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski Reviews

2023 Fischer Ranger 102

Tricia: Size Tested: 169 Location tested: Loveland Conditions: 4-6” fresh snow over packed powder Lucky me, we got to ski in some fresh snow on...

Replies
Views
2023 Kästle FX96 W

Tricia: The FX96 W is designed to take you off piste, play in the powder, and slay big lines. Can the 96 carve when you need to? Absolutely, but...

Replies
Views
2023 Fischer Ranger 90 WS

Tricia Length tested: 170cm Location tested: Tahoe resorts. Loveland, Co Conditions tested: A little bit of everything. The Ranger is not a new...

Replies
Views
2023 Rossignol Rallybird 104Ti

Tricia: Originally introduced as the Black Ops Rallybird Ti which we had in our long-term test fleet. Fast forward to the 2022-2023 with only a...

Replies
Views
2023 K2 Disruption MTi Alliance

Tricia: K2 made some huge changes the Disruption lineup in for the 2022 season which made a good ski even better and in. This is one of the skis...

Replies
Views
2022 Dynastar M-Free 99

This is one of the skis that caught me by surprise because playful resort powder skis usually don’t raise my temps; typically I would lean toward...

Replies
Views
2023 Head Power Joy

Tricia: This is a ski we asked for, and we got it. The Power Joy is the ideal ski for that woman who really liked the Super Joy but wanted...

Replies
Views
2022 Kästle FX96 Ti

Philpug: The FX96 Ti has been updated with more metal in the construction for 2022. The current shape replaced the outgoing FX95/FX95 HP, which...

Replies
Views
2021 Kästle FX96 W

Tricia: This ski is proof that being a little fat is in Vogue. As you can imagine, the FX96 W is designed to take you off piste, play in the...

Replies
Views
2021 Stöckli Stormrider 95

FairToMiddlin: It’s a new year, and a new Stormrider 95. Just like the previous SR 95 reveal at SIA two years ago, Stöckli did not bring the 184...

Replies
Views
2022 Kästle MX83

Philpug: The outgoing MX83 and MX84 were the gold standard for many of our readers as well as sales leaders in the MX collection, so the new MX83...

Replies
Views
2023 Nordica Navigator 85

Philpug: A few years ago, Nordica released a ski early under its “Proto Project,” which gets out a key model to influencers in order to create...

Replies
Views
2023 Head Supershape e-Titan

Updated from previous season ... Philpug: Head is asking the 84mm-waisted e-Titan to do a lot: to carry the wide carver tradition of the previous...

Replies
Views
2021 Head Supershape e-Titan

Philpug: Head is asking the new 84mm-waisted e-Titan to do a lot: to carry the wide carver tradition of the previous Titans but also replace the...

Replies
Views
2023 Atomic Bent 110

Winks: Size tested: 172cm Location tested: Snowbasin, UT & Mammoth Mountain, CA Conditions tested in: Wind buffed groomers and sun baked groomers...

Replies
Views
2023 DPS Pagoda Piste 94 C2

From previous year... Andy Mink: I took this ski all over the mountain at Mammoth on a warmer day that produced some softer snow along with...

Replies
Views
2021 Nordica Dobermann Spitfire RB FTD

Drahtguy Kevin: The timid need not apply. I’m certain "RB" doesn’t stand for Rippin’ Bastard, but it should. The RB is a true slalom ski with a...

Replies
Views
2023 Dynastar M-Pro 85

Philpug Size tested: 176 Location tested: Snowbird UT Conditions tested in: End of the day, worn out chalk Finally, the narrowest M-Pro is no...

Replies
Views
2023 Fischer RC4 Worldcup RC Pro

Size tested: 175 Location tested: Snowbasin, UT Conditions tested in: Just the conditions it was designed for, firm and fast. Gone is the King...

Replies
Views
2023 Völkl Deacon 84

Philpug: The Deacon goes back to its roots à la the old 724 Pro and AC50. This is a no-compromise ski, very powerful and precise. Of all the skis...

Replies
Views