Product Reviews

2021 Völkl Mantra 102

Philpug: Every year I flex a ski and immediately know, This is going to be a killer ski. The new Mantra 102 is one such ski. Where most brands...

Replies
Views
2021 Elan Wingman 86 CTi

Philpug: The all-new Wingman 86 CTi is the wide, long-turning charger to the 82 CTi's narrower-waisted, short-turning fun machine -- and I say...

Replies
Views
2020 Stöckli Laser AR

Philpug: This is the resurrection of a Stöckli letter combo that once was a mainstay in the Laser line. The current AX was previously referred to...

Replies
Views
2020 Salomon S/Force Bold

Philpug: Even though the S/Force shares much of its DNA with the narrower S/Max, Salomon made the S/Force much more compliant at its extremities...

Replies
Views
2020 Augment All Mountain 88

Ron: Move over, Stöckli -- yep, I said it! The brand formerly known as Croc is now Augment, but its skis are still made in Austria. This a skier's...

Replies
Views
2021 Dynastar M-Pro 99

Philpug: At first glance you might think the new M-Pro 99 is just a warmed-over Legend (which was considered a warmed-over Cham), but that is not...

Replies
Views
2021 Salomon S/Force Bold

Philpug: Even though the S/Force shares much of its DNA with the narrower S/Max, Salomon made the S/Force much more compliant at its extremities...

Replies
Views
2021 Blossom White Out

The Blossom White Out has an underground following like few skis do. A look into the ski lockers of Pugski.com's Colorado testers will reveal more...

Replies
Views
2021 Salomon Stance 90

Philpug: While Salomon did make the QST 92 a little more stout this past year, it is still not the powerhouse the new Stance 90 is. Two sheets of...

Replies
Views
2021 Völkl Deacon 84

Philpug: The Deacon goes back to its roots à la the old 724 Pro and AC50. This is a no-compromise ski, very powerful and precise. Of all the skis...

Replies
Views
2021 Augment All Mountain 88 Ti

Philpug: Of the premium 88mm skis, the AM88 is the most traditional in shape with its rounded tip and almost full camber flex. Turn radius in our...

Replies
Views
2021 Black Crows Justis

Philpug: Finally I got see what others have seen in how a Black Crow should ski. After numerous attempts over the years with little success I was...

Replies
Views
2021 Liberty Evolv 110

Drahtguy Kevin: The chubbiest of the Evolv line doesn’t give up versatility or fun. My preferred length was always out, so I hopped on the 179. I...

Replies
Views
2021 Blossom Numero Uno N°1 SC

Compared to its stouter brother the Numero Uno N°1 RC, the N°1 SC is a lighter and softer version in the proven 121-71-106 shape. It is a great...

Replies
Views
2021 Nordica Santa Ana 93

Tricia: The 2021 Santa Ana lineup has adopted the construction that was introduced in the 2020 Santa Ana 88. As much as I enjoyed the 88, the 93...

Replies
Views
2021 DPS Pagoda Piste 94 C2

Andy Mink: I took this ski all over the mountain at Mammoth on a warmer day that produced some softer snow along with bullet-proof bumps...

Replies
Views
2021 Elan SLX SL

Drahtguy Kevin: A dual-radius ski (14/12m) with tons of personality, the Elan SLX was super easy to turn with energy to burn in about any shape...

Replies
Views
2021 Head Worldcup Rebels e-Race Pro

Philpug: This is the first ski in a while that made me think I wanted to don a race suit and get into a Thursday night beer league. It just wants...

Replies
Views
2021 Head Supershape e-Titan

Philpug: Head is asking the new 84mm-waisted e-Titan to do a lot: to carry the wide carver tradition of the previous Titans but also replace the...

Replies
Views
2021 Stöckli Laser SX

Philpug: There are few skis on the market that can do what the Laser SX is capable of. FWIW, this is not a narrow Laser AX, while that ski is...

Replies
Views