Product Reviews

2021 Elan Wingman 86 CTi

Philpug: The all-new Wingman 86 CTi is the wide, long-turning charger to the 82 CTi's narrower-waisted, short-turning fun machine -- and I say...

Replies
Views
2021 Fischer RC One 82 GT WS

Tricia: Fischer is one brand that is steering away from women’s-specific skis, but it is offering skis in a variety of lengths and flex patterns...

Replies
Views
2021 Salomon Stance 90

Philpug: While Salomon did make the QST 92 a little more stout this past year, it is still not the powerhouse the new Stance 90 is. Two sheets of...

Replies
Views
2021 Rossignol Black Ops Sender Ti

Philpug: (snippet from full preview/review HERE) As soon as I got the Sender Ti on snow, I knew I had gone two for two (ie, the length and the...

Replies
Views
2021 Line Blade W

Tricia: This ski is quite the diversion for Line Skis, so it piqued my interest. With this width, I would probably try it in a different length...

Replies
Views
2020 Atomic Bent Chetler 100

Philpug: The marketing guys (and gals) at Atomic are no dummies. They know that when they have something good, they need to build on it. So...

Replies
Views
2022 Stereo Piste V3/88

The Piste V3/88 is a shot across the bow at the heart of a segment of some very good skis like the Augment AM 88Ti, Blossom Cross Wind, Kästle...

Replies
Views
2021 Salomon Stance 96

Philpug: Remember the Salomon Sentinel? This is the modern incarnation of that brown bomber. Salomon hasn’t offered a ski with such power in this...

Replies
Views
2021 Fischer RC4 World Cup CT

Philpug: OMG, what a tool ... more like a scalpel, one with a specific purpose: To Lay Trenches. This ski just wants to be on edge and make arcs...

Replies
Views
2021 Black Crows Justis

Philpug: Finally I got see what others have seen in how a Black Crow should ski. After numerous attempts over the years with little success, I was...

Replies
Views
2021 K2 Disruption MTi

Philpug: You know we were smitten with the outgoing K2 Charger collection; damn, we will miss those extremely underrated and underappreciated...

Replies
Views
2021 Liberty Evolv 84

Drahtguy Kevin: This new ski for 2021 follows in the footsteps of the Evolv 90 and 100 with a smooth and predictable ride. Getting the ski on edge...

Replies
Views
2021 Kästle MX83

Philpug: The outgoing MX83 and MX84 were the gold standard for many of our readers as well as sales leaders in the MX collection, so the new MX83...

Replies
Views
2021 Völkl Deacon 84

Philpug: The Deacon goes back to its roots à la the old 724 Pro and AC50. This is a no-compromise ski, very powerful and precise. Of all the skis...

Replies
Views
2021 Renoun Citadel 106

Philpug: The Citadel 106 is the ski that Cyrus has wanted to build since the moment he decided he wanted to build skis. I will stop the accolades...

Replies
Views
2022 Stereo Piste RS/78

The Piste RS/78 is different from all other offerings in the premium 77-80mm class. It is a hybrid of a lot of skis. Its tactile feel and...

Replies
Views
2021 Rossignol Black Ops Rallybird Ti

Tricia: I was fortunate to have the Black Ops Rallybird Ti in my long-term test lineup, but unfortunately the weather and early closure of the...

Replies
Views
2021 DPS Alchemist Wailer 100 RP

Philpug: I am coming around to DPS's lighter Alchemist construction, first the Cassiar 79 Trainer and now the Wailer 100 RP. I really like the...

Replies
Views
2021 Nordica Enforcer 94

Philpug: Nordica took the one shortcoming of the Enforcer and fixed it by making the ski much more proportionate. One of the weaknesses of the...

Replies
Views
2021 Kästle MX98

Philpug: Where the outgoing MX99 was a ski for the select few, the new MX98 is a ski that more and more skiers can appreciate. "Obtainable" is the...

Replies
Views