• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski Reviews

2023 Kästle RX11

Andy Mink: Size tested: 178 Location tested: Mammoth Mountain, CA Conditions tested in: Early morning groomers YEEHAW! Let 'r rip! At 68mm...

Replies
Views
2023 Kastle FX 106 Ti

Philpug Size tested: 184cm Location tested: Loveland, CO Conditions tested in: Soft groomers, 6-8” powder, crud, moguls, trees The FX106Ti is a...

Replies
Views
2023 Head Kore 97 W

Tricia: When Head decided to shake up the KORE lineup by tweaking the name and changing the construction, they took this ski to the next level...

Replies
Views
2023 Head Kore 91 W

Size tested: 170 cm Location tested: Loveland, CO Conditions tested: Mixed conditions Tricia: The Head Kore 93, which has been a very popular ski...

Replies
Views
2023 Head Super Joy

Tricia: The Super Joy got a bit of a makeover last year with an all-new shape, molds, and karuba core, also used in the Kore series. As much as I...

Replies
Views
2023 Kästle MX75

Philpug: Kästle has always offered a narrow MX. The 70, 74, 78, even a 67 have always been in the line, but they were never really marketed to the...

Replies
Views
2023 Kästle DX85

Philpug: The DX85 is a replacement for the outgoing LX; it is also a MX Lite, closer in feel to the MX skis than the intermediate-inspired LX82s...

Replies
Views
2023 Kästle ZX100

Updated from previous season ... Philpug: As soon as I skied the ZX108, I thought, We are going to see a ZX98 in 3, 2, 1…. Sure and close enough...

Replies
Views
2023 Kastle EX74

It's not very often that we get on an entry-level ski, but when Kästle brought this one to the lineup, it begged for some attention. Kästle has...

Replies
Views
2023 K2 Reckoner 102

Philpug: Yes, it would be easy to say that the Reckoner is just a replacement for the Shreditor 102. I mean, both skis are 102 underfoot, how...

Replies
Views
2023 K2 Disruption MTi

Philpug: You know we were smitten with the previous K2 Charger collection; damn, we will miss those extremely underrated and underappreciated...

Replies
Views
2023 K2 Disruption STi

Philpug: The previous generation Turbo Charger didn’t get the love it should have -- not that any of the Charger collection did. The ski that was...

Replies
Views
2023 K2 Disruption 82Ti

Updated from previous seasons ... Philpug: Like its racier brothers the MTi and STi, the 82Ti but this one has some finesse to it. Where the...

Replies
Views
2023 K2 Disruption Ti2

Philpug: OK, this is a big-boy ski designed under the watchful eye of retired US Ski Team member Warner Nickerson. I am guessing after skiing the...

Replies
Views
2023 Head Supershape e-Rally

Updated from previous season ... Philpug: The Rally has been the SkiTalk.com weapon of choice from the Supershape collection since it was...

Replies
Views
2023 Head Kore 99

Updated from previous season ... Philpug: There you go, Head, there you go. While I personally never warmed up to the original Kore 99, I find...

Replies
Views
2023 Fischer RC One 82 GT WS

Tricia: Fischer is one brand that is steering away from women’s-specific skis, but it is offering skis in a variety of lengths and flex patterns...

Replies
Views
2023 Fischer RC One 82 GT

Philpug: While the RC One 86 GT has been getting the lion's share of attention, it is the 82 GT that is the true sleeper of the collection. The...

Replies
Views
2023 Fischer RC One 86 GT

Philpug: The Fischer RC One GT 86 has a mouthful of a name; an accomplished skier could make it down the better part of some ski trails before...

Replies
Views
2023 Atomic Maverick 95Ti

Philpug: Are you allowed to say publicly that you have a favorite kid? Well, after a few cocktails, it might slip out that one of the kids might...

Replies
Views