• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski Reviews

2023 Atomic Maverick 100Ti

Updated from previous season ... Philpug: Like many brands, Atomic is swinging the pendulum and keeping its followers on their toes. The...

Replies
Views
2023 Dynastar Speed 963

Tricia: Length tested: 170 Location tested: Snowbird Conditions tested in: Firm, as intended for this type of ski. When the conditions are firm...

Replies
Views
2023 Elan Ripstick 88

Andy Mink Size tested: 188cm Location tested: Mammoth Mountain, CA Conditions tested in: Mid afternoon chewed up groomers, soft piles and loose on...

Replies
Views
2023 Blizzard Black Pearl 97

From previous season ... Tricia: When Blizzard committed to the Women to Women project a few years ago, it meant business. It is building ski...

Replies
Views
2022 Blizzard Rustler 9

Philpug: When is less of a good thing, more? When Blizzard brings the very good Rustler shape down into the low-90mm range. With the longer...

Replies
Views
2022 Blossom Pure 99

Philpug: Like many of Blossoms other offerings the Pure 99 (formally the Namaste)’s numbers and specs are really pretty average when you look at...

Replies
Views
2021 Line Blade

Philpug: Line is no stranger to throwing a design against the wall to see if it sticks, Hell, it's the company's founding philosophy, back to when...

Replies
Views
2 3
2022 Fischer RC One 82 GT

Philpug: While the RC One 86 GT has been getting the lion's share of attention, it is the 82 GT that is the true sleeper of the collection. The...

Replies
Views
2023 Renoun Endurance 98

Location tested: Mt Rose/Palisades Tahoe Conditions: Varied/groomers/storm leftovers Philpug: Renoun has grown up as a ski company, and the...

Replies
Views
2021 Atomic Redster S9

Drahtguy Kevin: Click in and hang on. This ski exudes power and speed. At 68mm underfoot and a 13.3m radius, the ride is quick but stable. And...

Replies
Views
2023 Lusti LP 72

Size Tested: 164cm Location: Mammoth, Ca Conditions: Spring corn Tricia: Whew, what a ride! You know that moment when you see a new ski, flex it...

Replies
Views
2022 Fischer RC4 The Curv GT

Erik Timmerman: Fischer has updated the Curv GT, taking it from a ski that was a nice piece of my quiver to a ski that could replace half of my...

Replies
Views
2 3 4
2022 Salomon S/Force Bold

Philpug: Even though the S/Force shares much of its DNA with the narrower S/Max, Salomon made the S/Force much more compliant at its extremities...

Replies
Views
2022 Rossignol Experience 82 Ti W

Tricia: Having skied every rendition of the Experience W (formerly Temptation) lineup, I have to say that this is my favorite by far. The first...

Replies
Views
2021 Völkl Deacon 84

Philpug: The Deacon goes back to its roots à la the old 724 Pro and AC50. This is a no-compromise ski, very powerful and precise. Of all the skis...

Replies
Views
2021 Black Crows Justis

Philpug: Finally I got see what others have seen in how a Black Crow should ski. After numerous attempts over the years with little success, I was...

Replies
Views
2021 Dynastar M-Pro 90

Philpug: I hate when I have preconceived thoughts that are complete misses. I didn't say publicly that the ski would be a miss, but I did think to...

Replies
Views
2020 Augment SL World Cup Pro

FairToMiddlin: Here’s a not-new Austrian company, with a new name. You might have heard of Crocs skis (or perhaps not), but they ran into a bit of...

Replies
Views
2020 Salomon QST 92

FairToMiddlin: Salomon tweaked the QST again for 2020, but in the 92, at least, the feeling is much the same as QSTs from last year. While it...

Replies
Views
2022 Fischer RC One 86 GT

Philpug: The Fischer RC One GT 86 has a mouthful of a name; an accomplished skier could make it down the better part of some ski trails before...

Replies
Views