Product Reviews

2022 Kästle ZX108

Philpug: The ZX108 is very similar to the old BMX skis but with a more modern shape. I was really hoping to spend more time on these back in the...

Replies
Views
2022 Atomic Maven 93 C

Tricia: The minute I started skiing on the Maven, she and I got along really well. Maven is not a carving ski, neither is she a powder ski, but...

Replies
Views
2020 Atomic Bent Chetler 100

Philpug: The marketing guys (and gals) at Atomic are no dummies. They know that when they have something good, they need to build on it. So...

Replies
Views
2022 Völkl Deacon 72 Master

Philpug: On paper, the Deacon 72 Master looks like a super-aggressive, hyper-demanding ski -- but that is just not the case. Sure, it checks all...

Replies
Views
2022 Augment AM108

Philpug: I am late to the party in getting on the AM108, but I can say it was very well worth the wait. I was almost hesitant bordering on afraid...

Replies
Views
2022 Salomon QST 98

Philpug: With the addition of the Stance 96 and 102, some questioned the need for the QST 99. I am sure Salomon did too, hence the redirection of...

Replies
Views
2020 Liberty V76 W

Tricia: This is one of the skis I had been waiting for ever since skiing the V76 last year in a 172, and the promise of a women’s version in...

Replies
Views
2022 Blizzard Brahma 82

Philpug: Thin is in, and Blizzard is aware of the trend by offering a narrower Brahma (and Black Pearl) in an 82mm width. Sure you say, Phil...

Replies
Views
2022 K2 Disruption 82Ti

Philpug: Like its racier brothers the MTi and STi, the 82Ti is all new, but this one has some finesse to it. Where the Disruption MTi will take...

Replies
Views
2022 Rossignol Experience 82 Ti W

Tricia: Having skied every rendition of the Experience W (formerly Temptation) lineup, I have to say that this is my favorite by far. The first...

Replies
Views
2022 Renoun Endurance 98

Renoun has grown up as a ski company, and the all-new, fourth-generation Endurance 98 is proof of how far this small boutique ski builder from...

Replies
Views
2022 Elan Ripstick 96 Black Edition

Erik Timmerman: With a name like "Ripstick," you have certain expectations. Ripstick Black Edition? I was expecting giant race ski performance. I...

Replies
Views
2022 Rossignol Black Ops Rallybird Ti

Tricia: I was fortunate to have the Black Ops Rallybird Ti in my long-term test lineup, but unfortunately the weather and early closure of the...

Replies
Views
2022 Salomon QST Blank

I was finally able to get on a ski in the 110+ range in conditions that it was designed for and not just one day, but a few, at Steamboat on a...

Replies
Views
2020 Stöckli Laser AR

Philpug: This is the resurrection of a Stöckli letter combo that once was a mainstay in the Laser line. The current AX was previously referred to...

Replies
Views
2 3
2021 Völkl Katana 108

Drahtguy Kevin: Sweet mother Mary, what a ride. This new offering doesn’t have a traditional damp feel, but the dampness is there. It has an...

Replies
Views
2021 DPS Pagoda Piste 94 C2

Andy Mink: I took this ski all over the mountain at Mammoth on a warmer day that produced some softer snow along with bullet-proof bumps...

Replies
Views
2 3
2021 Salomon S/Max W Blast

Tricia: The key to this review is the word "Blast." In a year that many manufacturers are introducing some amazing sub-80mm frontside skis...

Replies
Views
2022 Blizzard Rustler 11

Philpug: I could see the pride in Blizzard’s product manager when he talks about the effort and time put into this new collection of skis; when we...

Replies
Views
2020 Salomon QST 99

Philpug: It is tough to change the image of a ski, once it is labeled finesse ... or power, or easy, or demanding, or whatever. Why do I say this...

Replies
Views