• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski Reviews

2024 Lusti PC 71

Size tested: 165cm Location tested: Palisades Tahoe, CA Conditions tested in: Softening groomers, chopped up bumps, some springy slush Philpug...

Replies
Views
2024 Fischer RC4 SC

Philpug Location Tested: Alpine Meadows Conditions: Spring slush Length: 170cm The Fischer RC4 CT was one of our favorite skis when it was in our...

Replies
Views
2024 Völkl Deacon 80

Philpug Size tested: 177 Location tested: Brighton Conditions tested: chalky groomers Most people should be aware that the Deacon series is just...

Replies
Views
2023 Blizzard Black Pearl 82

From previous season ... Tricia Size tested: 166 cm Location tested: Palisades Tahoe Conditions tested in: Groomers, mixed conditions and bumps...

Replies
Views
2024 Head Supershape e-Magnum

Philpug: While the Magnum isn’t the ski that started the Supershape revolution, it is the model that catapulted it into the mainstream. Each...

Replies
Views
2024 Blizzard Brahma 82

Updated from previous season ... Philpug: Thin is in, and Blizzard is aware of the trend by offering a narrower Brahma (and Black Pearl) in an...

Replies
Views
2024 Volkl Kendo 88

Philpug: Length tested: 177 Location tested: Sun Valley Conditions: Fresh snow, mixed condition The Kendo 88 is just as important to Volkl for...

Replies
Views
2024 Nordica Steadfast 80

Rudi Riet Size tested: 174cm Where tested: Pico, VT, and Waterville Valley, NH Conditions tested in: Packed powder and refrozen ungroomed (Pico)...

Replies
Views
2022 Völkl Deacon 72 Master

Philpug: On paper, the Deacon 72 Master looks like a super-aggressive, hyper-demanding ski -- but that is just not the case. Sure, it checks all...

Replies
Views
3 4 5
2024 4FRNT MSP 91

Philpug: The MSP 91 is an all new ski for 4FRNT and it is not just a MSP 99 with a narrower waist. While it drops 8 mm underfoot, the 91 is the...

Replies
Views
2024 Atomic X9S

Philpug Size tested: 175cm Location tested: Snowbasin, Ut Conditions tested in: Groomed old snow “Crabcakes and Football — that’s what Maryland...

Replies
Views
2023 Völkl Deacon 76 Master

Philpug: Upper 70mm frontside skis seem to be all the rage, and Völkl is tossing its tirolerhut into the ring with the stellar Deacon 76 Master...

Replies
Views
2023 Head Worldcup Rebels e-Race Pro

Philpug: This is the first ski in a while that made me think I wanted to don a race suit and get into a Thursday night beer league. It just wants...

Replies
Views
3 4 5
2024 Völkl Deacon 84

Philpug: The Deacon goes back to its roots à la the old 724 Pro and AC50. This is a no-compromise ski, very powerful and precise. Of all the skis...

Replies
Views
2023 K2 Mindbender W 89Ti

Tricia Size tested: 164 Location tested: Loveland, CO Conditions: Packed powder If you've read my reviews in the past few years, you know I'm a...

Replies
Views
2021 Kästle MX83

Philpug: The outgoing MX83 and MX84 were the gold standard for many of our readers as well as sales leaders in the MX collection, so the new MX83...

Replies
Views
2023 Völkl Blaze 86

Philpug: Remember the very first Völkl Yumi? The Blaze 86 is the modern incarnation of that ski. Light, playful, easy -- and all with a bargain...

Replies
Views
2023 Blossom Pure 99

Updated from previous season ... Philpug: Like many of Blossoms other offerings the Pure 99’s numbers and specs are really pretty average when...

Replies
Views
2024 Kästle RX11

Andy Mink: Size tested: 178 Location tested: Mammoth Mountain, CA Conditions tested in: Early morning groomers YEEHAW! Let 'r rip! At 68mm...

Replies
Views
2022 Blizzard Bonafide 97

Philpug: I have owned every generation of Bonafide since it was introduced; each had its own, slightly different personality, but the Bonafide 97...

Replies
Views