Ski Reviews

2023 Lusti CWR+ 95

Size Tested: 180cm Location: Palisades Tahoe/Mammoth Ca Conditions: Everything Spring Philpug: Ever just look at a ski, pick it up and flex it...

Replies
Views
2022 Volkl Blaze 94 W

Elemmac: If you’re looking for a dance partner; the Blaze has all the moves. It will salsa, tango, or get rowdy in a mosh pit. Versatility is its...

Replies
Views
2023 Lusti MP77

Size tested: 177cm Location tested: Palisades Tahoe, CA Conditions tested in: Softening firm groomers, hard solid crust Philpug: We get the...

Replies
Views
2023 Lusti PC77

Size Tester: 177cm Location: Palisades Tahoe/Mammoth Conditions: Spring refrozen to corn Philpug: Talk about a “tail” of two skis. I had high...

Replies
Views
2023 Lusti CWR 87

Size Tested:178cm Location: Palisades Tahoe, Ca Conditions; Spring glory Philpug: Lusti is a Czech brand that has been producing skis since about...

Replies
Views
2023 Lusti LP72

Size Tested: 164cm Location: Mammoth, Ca Conditions: Spring corn Tricia: Whew, what a ride! You know that moment when you see a new ski, flex it...

Replies
Views
2023 Lusti PC71

Size tested: 165cm Location tested: Palisades Tahoe, CA Conditions tested in: Softening groomers, chopped up bumps, some springy slush Philpug...

Replies
Views
2023 Volkl Kendo 88

Philpug: The Kendo 88 is just as important to Volkl for sales volume as their flagship M6 Mantra, so it was important for Volkl to bring all of...

Replies
Views
2 3
2021 Dynastar M-Pro 90

Philpug: I hate when I have preconceived thoughts that are complete misses. I didn't say publicly that the ski would be a miss, but I did think to...

Replies
Views
2022 Fischer RC One 82 GT

Philpug: While the RC One 86 GT has been getting the lion's share of attention, it is the 82 GT that is the true sleeper of the collection. The...

Replies
Views
2022 Head Worldcup Rebels e-Race Pro

Philpug: This is the first ski in a while that made me think I wanted to don a race suit and get into a Thursday night beer league. It just wants...

Replies
Views
2020 Augment SL World Cup Pro

FairToMiddlin: Here’s a not-new Austrian company, with a new name. You might have heard of Crocs skis (or perhaps not), but they ran into a bit of...

Replies
Views
2023 Fischer Ranger 96

Philpug: Size tested: 180 Location tested: Loveland Colorado Conditions tested in: Fresh groomers/chalky off piste Welcome to the new world of...

Replies
Views
2020 Salomon QST 92

FairToMiddlin: Salomon tweaked the QST again for 2020, but in the 92, at least, the feeling is much the same as QSTs from last year. While it...

Replies
Views
2023 Volkl Kenja 88

Tricia: Last year we were introduced to Völkl’s Tailored Titanal Construction, with the Volkl Secret 96. This year we get to see the successful...

Replies
Views
2022 Fischer RC One 86 GT

Philpug: The Fischer RC One GT 86 has a mouthful of a name; an accomplished skier could make it down the better part of some ski trails before...

Replies
Views
2022 Kästle ZX108

Philpug: The ZX108 is very similar to the old BMX skis but with a more modern shape. I was really hoping to spend more time on these back in the...

Replies
Views
2022 Rossignol Experience 86 Ti

Philpug: To quote Jon Lovett, “That's the ticket.” The original Experience 88 was a binary wide carver with a flared tip and tail. The outgoing...

Replies
Views
2022 Fischer RC One 82 GT WS

Tricia: Fischer is one brand that is steering away from women’s-specific skis, but it is offering skis in a variety of lengths and flex patterns...

Replies
Views
2022 Fischer RC4 The Curv GT

Erik Timmerman: Fischer has updated the Curv GT, taking it from a ski that was a nice piece of my quiver to a ski that could replace half of my...

Replies
Views
2 3