• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski Reviews

2022 Head V-Shape V10

Philpug: The V10 is the flagship of an all-new collection that splits the difference between Supershapes and Monsters. The V10’s reference size is...

Replies
Views
2022 Kästle FX96 W

Tricia: This ski is proof that being a little fat is en vogue. As you can imagine, the FX96 W is designed to take you off piste, play in the...

Replies
Views
2022 Völkl Secret 96

Tricia: Völkl has had women’s skis with a strong following, but none more than the Aura, which came on the scene in 2007 with a 94mm waist. Most...

Replies
Views
2021 Armada Declivity 92 Ti

Philpug: If light is right for you, then put the Declivity 92 on your list of skis to consider. This is a new age for Armada, and the Declivity...

Replies
Views
2 3
2021 Renoun Citadel 106

Philpug: The Citadel 106 is the ski that Cyrus has wanted to build since the moment he decided he wanted to build skis. I will stop the accolades...

Replies
Views
2021 Blossom Cross Wind

Even those who are in the know are still somewhat familiar with Blossom and the White Out, the reference ski in the Turbo collection. But for...

Replies
Views
2 3
2021 Völkl Katana 108

Drahtguy Kevin: Sweet mother Mary, what a ride. This new offering doesn’t have a traditional damp feel, but the dampness is there. It has an...

Replies
Views
2022 Stöckli Nela 88

Tricia: If the Nela 96 is the goddess of crud-slaying, then the Nela 88 is the goddess of confidence. In the ever-popular 88mm category, this one...

Replies
Views
2021 Völkl Mantra 102

Philpug: Every year I flex a ski and immediately know, This is going to be a killer ski. The new Mantra 102 is one such ski. Where most brands...

Replies
Views
2022 Kästle PX81

Philpug: The Kästle PX81 is the modern incarnation of the original LX82. Where the LX82 was a really nice mid-range carver, the PX81 takes that...

Replies
Views
2022 Fischer Ranger 102 FR

Tricia: A lot of women wondered about the “My” skis, and Fischer listened, leaving women's ski names behind but not their performance. The Ranger...

Replies
Views
2022 K2 Mindbender 99Ti

Andy Mink: Talk about a shot across the bow: K2 is back! The entire Mindbender series is receiving rave reviews, and it should. Don’t confuse the...

Replies
Views
2022 Renoun Earhart 88

Tricia: Renoun brings its award-winning technology to the Earhart 88, a ski that is the namesake of a female pioneer and designed just for women...

Replies
Views
2022 K2 Disruption 82Ti

Philpug: Like its racier brothers the MTi and STi, the 82Ti is all new, but this one has some finesse to it. Where the Disruption MTi will take...

Replies
Views
2022 Völkl Deacon 76 Master

Philpug: Upper 70mm frontside skis seem to be all the rage, and Völkl is tossing its tirolerhut into the ring with the stellar Deacon 76 Master...

Replies
Views
2022 Stöckli Laser SC

Ron: Although I read comparisons to the Stöckli Laser AX, the SC is a step up in performance and certainly less versatile. "SC" stands for "slalom...

Replies
Views
2020 Elan Wingman 82 CTi

Philpug: Of the Wingman skis, the 82 CTi was the surprise for me, but I didn’t know why until I read the dimensions. The tip at 129mm is about the...

Replies
Views
2021 Armada Tracer 108

Andy Mink: My quick notes for this ski say, "YES! YES! YES!" Where the Tracer 98s tended to sink a bit in the choppy powder at Mammoth, these had...

Replies
Views
2020 Liberty V82

Drahtguy Kevin: From tip to tail, this ski is a winner. This ski is smooth and easy just like its skinnier little brother. Multiple turn shapes...

Replies
Views
2022 Blossom Numero Uno N*1 SL

Ron: The Blossom SL is a non-FIS slalom ski that has the shape of an SL but comes in a user-friendly and more versatile package. I wanted a narrow...

Replies
Views