• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

$100K TV or a ski trip?

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
Mike Wiegele for two weeks and then head to Revelstoke which would be my home base for the rest of the winter. I'd ski every resort that is within two hours drive.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Mike Wiegele for two weeks and then head to Revelstoke which would be my home base for the rest of the winter. I'd ski every resort that is within two hours one day's drive.
This is Canada aka The Big Land. FIFY because there is only one ski resort within 2 hours of Revelstoke (several cat and heli ops, and backcountry though).

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
This is Canada aka The Big Land. FIFY because there is only one ski resort within 2 hours of Revelstoke (several cat and heli ops, and backcountry though).

Well, I guess I'll have to settle for cat and heli. Thanks for straightening me out though.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
For $100k I don't think I would do anything particularly exotic but I would include as many of my family and close friends as I could. Perhaps a nice place in LCC for a month or so :huh: . I know, a boring choice but...

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Either case, nothing too fancy...
100k? And only spendable for skiing trip?
I think I would take a one year hiatus from work and settle for a "round the globe tour", trying to ski as much as possible of the Northern Emisphere areas before moving to the Southern. With some visiting detour here and there while moving from one place to another
100k and spendable for anything including one ski trip? Settle the mortgage, settle the kids (er, they're not kids anymore, at leats, two out of three), take a couple of month hiatus from work, wintertime, and ski around the Alps.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
But 100K for a TV set, no matter how technologically advanced...heck that's nearly what a small flat (kitchen&living room + 1bedroom + 1bathroom) costs here.
No thanks.

TS
Bad Bob

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Sad part about the $100K TV, how long will it take to be available for a small fraction of that at Costco?
The ski trip on the other hand will always have value as a memory as the trip of a lifetime.

TS
Bad Bob

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
One step closer to my ski trip of a lifetime.
Got my little annuity check today, 10 more years and the trip is paid for.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Reminds me of the everyone needs an $800 iphone dilemma. As of not that long ago we had one crappy old ge tv that my wife bought in Europe of all places. Now we have countless $650 led tv's, 2 xbox, a playststion etc.

The point, if there is one, may be that in different stages in life, objects have different values, even form.

So now we replace the $100,000 tv with a couple new cars with the premium package plus taxes and insurance. The cars give us daily pleasure, as the tv might for some. The ski trip is fleeting yet ageless. But, one could defer the ski trip and have 2 in 20 years or maybe buy a boatload of iphones or meals. Choices

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I'd build my dream expedition vehicle, buy a sled and chase storms up and down the west, then head to south America for their winter.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January