• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

13 TV Channels - What did you watch?

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
3 Stooges came on in the afternoons on the weekend.
Classic Hollywood: Three Stooges on big screen at Alex Theatre - Los  Angeles Times

Little Rascals played very early on Saturday or Sunday mornings.
The Curse Of The Little Rascals - KnowledgeNuts

Groucho's show You Bet Your Life was at night, prime time.
YOU BET YOUR LIFE - TV GAME SHOW COLLECTION - 5 DVDS!

Tarzan. Oh how I loved Tarzan movies.
All the Johnny Weissmuller Maureen O'Sullivan Tarzan's were faves of  mine... | Tarzan johnny weissmuller, Tarzan movie, Tarzan and jane movie'Sullivan Tarzan's were faves of  mine... | Tarzan johnny weissmuller, Tarzan movie, Tarzan and jane movie

Digging deep into these memories feels great. Black and white wasn't so bad. Three channels wasn't so bad. I have only fond memories of watching TV as a child. My first TV experience was watching the Mickey Mouse Club every Sunday afternoon at 5:00. I watched it at my grandmother's because we didn't have a TV at our house.
Where Are the Mouseketeers Now?: Bobby Burgess – Jennifer Keishin Armstrong
I also remember the Our Gang Show and the Bowery Boys

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
I've looked this up on Wikipedia. Our Gang was Little Rascals. Same show two names.
I never saw The Bowery Boys.

But I did watch Tugboat Annie. It was paired with Popeye cartoons. She looked just like my grandmother.
Tugboat Annie- opening credits - YouTube

Popeye could be surreal too.
Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 12.44.31 PM.png

Last edited:

Uncle-A

Skier
The Bowery Boys had a main characters called Muggsy they may have also had a second name like the East Side Gang.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Hong Kong Fooey.. Go Go Gophers.. Speed Buggy.. Osmonds.. Jackson 5.. Tennessee Tuxedo... Pink Panther..

Uncle-A

Skier
The Bowery Boys had a main characters called Muggsy they may have also had a second name like the East Side Gang.
I have to correct this, they were first called the East Side Kids from a movie in the 1940's later they became the Bowery Boys in the 1950's.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Ya the commercials on old school 70s and 80s TV were hilarious!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How many of you have been inspired by this thread to search for some of the old favorites to see if you can stream them now?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
How many of you have been inspired by this thread to search for some of the old favorites to see if you can stream them now?
Not me. It did kinda spark up a conversation about how inapproiate some of these shows would be considered today. Some things are best left in the past and laughed at as such..

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Remember when Saturday cartoons were pre-emptied by the Kennedy assassination. As a four year I could not fathom what was more important than Saturday cartoons.

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
I didn't read the whole thread, so excuse me if this has been discussed.
@dbostedo @LaurelHillCraze @Coach13
Do any of the western PA folks remember "Chiller Theater" with Bill "Chilly Bllly" Cardille? I was a night owl then and now and fondly remember him.

I loved watching 'Hogan's Heroes' in syndication when I was young! Truth is, I still like that show.

Last edited:

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Remember when Saturday cartoons were pre-emptied by the Kennedy assassination. As a four year I could not fathom what was more important than Saturday cartoons.

Nope... but I was watching Woody Woodpecker when Reagan got shot.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Every time I hear this rap it makes me laugh because every other line is a shout out to either a show from the 70's or 80's or one of the ads that we used to always see. Like the "pretty sneaky sis'" from the Connect 4 ad.

Uncle-A

Skier
I loved watching 'Hogan's Heroes' in syndication when I was young! Truth is, I still like that show.
To expand this thread a little, What shows did you like as a child that you still like in syndication? Let me start with the Carol Burnett Show.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Converse to the early morning sign-on was the late night sign off. Usually played the Star Spangled Banner, but in particular, I remember this one. Not sure if it was a local thing ... (?)

Uncle-A

Skier
Converse to the early morning sign-on was the late night sign off. Usually played the Star Spangled Banner, but in particular, I remember this one. Not sure if it was a local thing ... (?)

I never saw this one before, but it is very nice.

Sponsor

Staff online