• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

13 TV Channels - What did you watch?

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Grew up in southwestern Ohio and we could pick up the network feeds from both Dayton and Cincinnati. Interesting back then were the locally produced programs. As kids, we would stay up late on Saturday night to watch Bob Shreve, who hosted the late night movie (typically some very schlocky sci-fi flick). Bob was sponsored by the local beer company, and although I don't have hard evidence to the fact, in my young mind, Bob may have been sampling the wares during the program because he seemed fairly trashed by the end of the show!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Green Acres was hilairous. Petticoat Junction was a little deeper. IIRC, David and Goliath came on Sunday mornings.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
6 (NBC), 8 (ABC) and 13 (CBS) until we could get 10 (PBS).

I remember watching the Apollo lunar landing, Star Trek, Andy Griffith, and The Monkees. Lots of other stuff like my parents let us hang out while they watched Laugh-In. A lot of those jokes were over my head at the time.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Saturday Morning Cartoons, young adult version..
1605567087006.png

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I remember having to sit through Davey and Goliath on the weekends before the good cartoons started.

LOL

For some reason my association with that is Land of the Lost. Maybe it came on after. Or maybe it's just because it was so cheesy.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
624px-RCA_Indian_Head_Test_Pattern.svg.png

B&W 2 channels. Now I stream off my phone. Who would of thought.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
View attachment 115031
B&W 2 channels. Now I stream off my phone. Who would of thought.
Following my sucker tracks?

This was the test pattern on our black and white console TV had off air in Oklahoma around 1967. I have a vague memory of my older sister and me lying on the floor with our feet pressed up against the bottom speaker grill watching this waiting for the cartoons to start on Saturday mornings..
View attachment 114793

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My wife has been watching Green Acres before she goes to bed. Says it's relaxing TV.
I like to watch old shows like that if I'm having trouble sleeping. It can help settle my mind if I have a lot rattling around in my head.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Sky King
Flicka
Road runner
Lone Ranger
Wanted dead or alive
Secret agent man
Superman
Peter Gunn
Dragnet
Huckleberry hound
Yogi bear

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
A little later in adolescence, like maybe 6th grade it was Tom and Jerry after school

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Let us not forget a couple of imports, The Avengers and The Saint.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Wife grew up in a small north central Montana town about 2 barbed wire fences south of Canada (think one of those fences blew down). They occasionally got a station out of Great Falls, depending on the weather, and 2 out of Lethbridge Alberta. They saw a lot of hockey. Her kid show of memory "The Friendly Giant".