• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This year, there was not a "Vegan Side" as there were no requests. In past years, we have made attempts to accommodate Vegan requests. Most of this crew are health conscious and some have healthy eating habits.
There's a story behind my question. I can't recall who was grilling at the time. Maybe @Tricia can come in if appropriate.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There's a story behind my question. I can't recall who was grilling at the time. Maybe @Tricia can come in if appropriate.
@Gary Stolt was grilling and is using his dry humor to accommodate your meat eating vegan portion of the grill curiosity :)

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
No, the grill was too small to fit one, they come out dry due to not enough fat on them and the smell of burning hair and Gor-Tex is unappetizing! ;)
I just spit coffee out my nose.
:roflmao:

Now....where's that cloth to clean my screen?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

I believe it was Spencer at the Mount Rose demo.He had one of those experimental vegan burger that supposed to tasted like real meat. :huh:

James

Out There
Instructor
It's very high tech. Both the plant based ones and the companies making lab meat. The first lab burger in 2013 cost €250,000 for the project. Paid for by Sergey Brin of google.

IMG_6457.PNG
World's most expensive burger. From Science News

Then there's the plant based ones. It's way beyond anything one associates with veggie burgers. The guy who started Impossible Foods in 2011 was a Stanford professor who had invented dna sequencing equipment.

It's likely in 5 yrs a lot of the burgers we eat will not be from a slaughtered animal.

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/01/7086...k-their-teeth-into-the-meatless-meat-industry

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/can-science-build-better-burger

Reactions: nay
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I believe it was Spencer at the Mount Rose demo.He had one of those experimental vegan burger that supposed to tasted like real meat. :huh:
No, but close.
It was A-Basin on a Saturday when @Mr.Vertical /GZ brought out his grill and a bunch of burgers and pretzel buns. Someone random came up to Gary and asked if there was a vegan portion of the grill to grill her vegan thingy.
Gary looked up from the grill with a dumfounded look, and Glenn said "I don't understand the question" with an equally dumfounded look on his face.
img_20170513_112404436-jpg.24203

img_20170513_123617729-jpg.24204

Looking through old pics from a year or two ago. @nay is this Axel from just a year ago? Dang they grow up fast.
https://www.pugski.com/threads/12th-annual-mothers-day-trip.9811/#post-240754
6060fd9c-d6ce-4964-8eeb-d0f66b7d3970-jpeg.45528

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That’s Markus who is 4 years younger. I think I’m getting older faster than they are :eek:.
Whew. I thought I was losing my mind, or my youth, or...something.

James

Out There
Instructor

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Oooh, I like that. Is this the first time pugging has been used as a verb?

Tricia may have used it here and there.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Someone random came up to Gary and asked if there was a vegan portion of the grill to grill her vegan thingy.
Gary looked up from the grill with a dumfounded look, and Glenn said "I don't understand the question" with an equally dumfounded look on his face.

:roflmao:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The grill was segregated, Beef, chicken and the other white meat...pork. ;)

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
That's last year at Loveland getting out of the Ridge Cat. That might have been closing day. @mdf and I got close enough to last chair to watch the last one at the top. That was the lift they replaced. We also got one of the last chairs on Norway at Abasin that week.

Yep, last Ridge Cat of closing day last season. Markus was toast after that run, though, so we missed the last of Chair 1. Although I have one of those.

CCD507E8-41C3-4EEE-87BA-31484496E53D.jpeg

And also a Norway chair.

7918877B-6BD0-482E-A213-64D0B2E7D8AA.jpeg

I seem to win lotteries where I give money, rather than the get money type. It was actually Axel’s official entry that won the Loveland chair and my wife’s that won the Norway chair. Both of them win door prizes like crazy.

Pali will make the Triple Crown.

James

Out There
Instructor
Sweet!^ Chair 17!! That's the one we were on! Just kidding.
Are they changing the Pali chair?

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Sweet!^ Chair 17!! That's the one we were on! Just kidding.
Are they changing the Pali chair?

Yes, although Al sez it will still be a fixed grip 2 seat chair. Sounds like more of an EOL on the existing chair than wanting to ‘upgrade’ the Pali experience.

Don’t know when this is happening.