• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

16 y.o. runs down bicyclists in TX

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Any word on what is going on with the original story about the 16 year old?

James

Out There
Instructor
That story goes from bad to worse
——————-
According to the probable cause statement, Budge told officers she was driving from her home in Hurricane, Utah when she "began to uncontrollably defecate on herself while driving, so she swerved," the arresting officer reported.

She had allegedly been admitted to the hospital the previous day and had been taking fentanyl through an IV drip, she told police.

Arresting documents state that Budge failed all field sobriety tests.
————————

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
So many crazy people in this world it is scary... I have just started riding again after a long layoff, and my # 1 goal when I ride is to avoid roads/cars, especially after 5pm, people have been working all day, they are grumpy, and they are hungry... I stay out of their way!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Even for the most experienced, road biking is still way more dangerous than skiing.. so is swimming..

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
Even for the most experienced, road biking is still way more dangerous than skiing.. so is swimming..
Way more dangerous...I said above my #1 goal is to avoid roads/cars. My second goal is to avoid other cyclist! Cyclist are crazier than skiers!!

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Way more dangerous...I said above my #1 goal is to avoid roads/cars. My second goal is to avoid other cyclist! Cyclist are crazier than skiers!!
The one that has been driving me crazy lately is cyclists going the wrong direction in the bike lane. This is dangerous if I am cycling. This is dangerous if I am driving. It is just stupid, wrong, lazy and dangerous. Now get off my lawn (or outta my bike lane!)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Any more on this original story?

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
Any more on this original story?

After running over six cyclists on September 25, a 16-year-old driver from Waller County, Texas, was indicted on November 8 with six counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and is currently in the custody of the local juvenile justice department. The charge is a second-degree felony with a punishment of two to 20 years in prison and a fine up to $10,000.​

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Ugh. Weaksauce plea deal.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Permanently revoke license to start with. Then he can ride a bicycle on the road.

100 percent agreed.

I think that people in these United States seem to believe that driving is a right rather than a privilege that can - and should - be revoked when things to egregiously wrong.

Sponsor