• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hoped for about 35, called it at 27 yesterday on a crunchy typically eastern day at Sugarloaf. Sad because spring skiing is the highlight of the New England season, but it was necessary. On to next season!

JFB

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
85 as of corona closure. I'm hoping to start in on the backcountry count today. Avy conditions are sketchy so it will be low angle stuff until that resolves.

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
20200316_171608.jpg

Sadly we ended with on 18. Feb nothing worked out. Skis have storage wax and are in the man cave. :(

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Meanwhile back @ the ranch, 51 today. Owner said were staying open till the cops shut us down. A small crowd and a change in personal interactions. Even with friends.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Double nickel for me at Mt Rose last Thursday. With any luck we'll get some more skiing in. :crossfingers:
Last year I got 89.

Tominator

Totally in the present
Skier
DatePlacePriceDrivetimeComments
  • 12/20/19
Berkshire East$172 hrsBest, cheapest, small, easy-drive area; more vertical & better terrain than W, PP, & C
  • 01/10/20
Ragged Mtn$272 hrs 20 minBest big small area. Always seem to have a good day here.
  • 01/17/20
Bromley Mtn$81OvernightVery cold, windy, & snow guns @ full blast; still pretty good, but not worth money
  • 01/24/20
GunstockFree!2 hrs 20 minSimilar to but < $$$ than Bromley for Jason & free for me! Tiger Triple = fun terrain
  • 01/31/20
Crotched Mtn$302 hrsEasy ride; same vert as Wachusett + more trails; but weird vibe – prob won’t go back
  • 02/07/20
Ragged Mtn$292 hrs 20 minIn retrospect, probably not the best day to go skiing given the sleet & zero visibility
  • 02/28/20
Berkshire East$172 hrsEven better this time with most trails open
  • 03/06/20
Waterville Valley(Free)OvernightWith Marc – Old Tecumseh, Tippecanoe, Tyler Too, Gema, Clean Shaven, Governors
  • 03/20/20
GunstockFree2 hrs 20 min
  • 03/27/20
Sunapee 2 hrs 20 min
  • 04/03/20
Cannon 2 hrs 35 min

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
32, low for this time of season. Sounds like wishful thinking that any area will reopen, therefore lowest since I retired by a considerable amount, but higher than I ever managed while working.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
23 -- My worst count for decades (last year I had 65).

Other than a complete whiteout morning in Breck, however, the quality of those ski days has never been better!

Last day: Monarch

IMG_3589(1).JPG

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
8 and Done.....

About 3 weeks ago I had a freak spill on Andy's Encore at Copper on the last run of the day. Knee buckled afterwards, and today I finally got the confirmation that my ACL is toast. Meniscus is largely intact and the surgeon doesn't anticipate removing any material. Minor victory.

Earliest possible surgery is 3 weeks from today. With Aspen 2021 is about 10 months away from my surgery date, I'm doubting the wisdom in springing for a 2021 IKON.

For those who I had planned on skiing with this season, @KingGrump @MattSmith The mothers day crew and others, my regrets...Enjoy the powder without me bringing the clear skys and sun around.
Sorry to hear that , I hope you will be ready for Next season 20/21. Wish you all best.

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
26, all mix of CB, Breck, Keystone and Vail.

With hope this Covid-19 situation will end soon ,Io may go to Mt.hood , at normal situation they open till September.

Willy

aka Goldmember
Industry Insider
31 since the season ended rather abruptly. Had a lousy start to the year with only 2 by 12/31. Then along comes CV and, just like that, it's over. I'd like to have had more back country days both during the season and now but my back is too screwed up for the hike up. I had one bc run all year and now lift served is done. This is depressing for a lot of reasons. Mountain biking starting this weekend so that should help cheer me up a bit.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Yesterday was #16, and the end of my lift served skiing for the season at my speed bump. It was off the charts good spring skiing. Was shooting for 25 but it just won't happen. Connected with a guy I used to ski a little with nearly 50 years ago, which was a hoot. The rumor on the hill is they will be closing down after today due to Governor's orders, and we are the last lift served area in the state. Lodge was closed and got booted off the deck for drinking a beer from my backpack, what a way to go.

I have a "Back Country" line scoped, want to hit next weekend if the weather cooperates. It will be a strain but think I am up for it. It will require about 200' of fairly flat walking to get a mile long 1,200' vert line. Think I will drink lots of beer this week to train for it.

Yesterday's crowd it was tough!
20200321_132859.jpg

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
[/I]
I have a "Back Country" line scoped, want to hit next weekend if the weather cooperates. It will be a strain but think I am up for it. It will require about 200' of fairly flat walking to get a mile long 1,200' vert line. Think I will drink lots of beer this week to train for it.

Be trained and know where you're going and what you're doing. I'm having my glass of wine after 1670' vert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor