• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

1970's Style Skiing

SkiBalletLives

Booting up
Skier
I was just getting warmed up in my first ski sessions for the season. It was awesome to
break out my 1979 K2 Freestyles and 1979 Olin Ballet skis. I was taking it easy on the
ski ballet, however, I ended up fracturing my rib on a tip roll. I was skiing single that day and
only have footage with my helmet camera. I decided to put together a video with the helmet cam footage only.
I thought that it might inspire other skiers on Ski Talk to explore ski ballet.

I have so much respect how difficult it is to ski ballet. The video is in honor of Ski Ballet and the Ski Legends of that era.
The footage is from the Snow Summit resort in California.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A POV camera really doesn't show what you are doing, next time bring a camera person with you.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'd like to see ski ballet on a new short, light set of twin tips. I think that might open up more possibilities and inspire more interest w/in younger generations and pass the torch. I used to see an elderly couple dance together at our local hill. It was always wonderful to watch them. Sadly, we don't see them anymore.

TS
SkiBalletLives

SkiBalletLives

Booting up
Skier
A POV camera really doesn't show what you are doing, next time bring a camera person with you.
I don't have time to bring a camera person with me. It is the footage that I had. I fractured my rib. I just thought that ski talk would enjoy the timelapses and the vintage skis that are still on the slopes. I am going to upload today another one. You do not have to watch. It is only views from my skis. I have nothing but respect for the legends of Ski Ballet. I honored them.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid