• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

1994 Serotta Colorado Ti

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Always wanted one of these 'Flagship' titanium bikes from Serotta! They finally reached my price point I guess...
Work in process, should be road ready by first day of Spring!
1993 was the first of the Colorado Ti production but small numbers built that first year. As they got into the later 90's the name morphed into the Legend Ti to fit in with the full model lineup,

Serotta Colorado Ti.jpg

Last edited:
TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
So this will be a bit of a restomod. Most of my bikes are time capsule whole bikes with full kit from the era they were produced.
So it will be a 2 x 10 drivetrain, 50-34 compact up front with a SRAM 12-36 10sd cassette. 25 -110 gear inches available! Wheels are of course 700's with 28mm tires on Pacenti SL23 rims, 3x 28h out back and 2x 20h in the front.

She is sporting a Tange Prestige chromed fork (no plastic here for me). I think the feel from the thin walled high strength tubing is so important to the overall dynamics of this frame. Putting a stiff but dead carbon fork would not compliment the titanium frames best features. I think extensive test rides will be needed...
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
I would say the Easton EC90 fork was one of the most lively I've had

this is going back in time abit, but I had quite a few ec90 forks but I think they were all 1 1/8. Ec70 was available with alloy 1” steer from what I recall??

I think my litespeed from 1995 shipped with a time alloy steer/carbon leg.

Last edited:
TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Ready to go and it's still a week till Spring. And after a bit more research it turned out to be a '94 built frame. Looking forward to some riding soon. Should be an interesting contrast between this and the LeMond Zurich 853.

94 Ti a.jpg

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Colorado’s are great bikes. I’m a bit of a retro grouch since I started riding in the 70’s but you can’t go wrong with this bike and it is adaptable to some degree If your needs riding/ style change. I filed lugs and swept floors for Ben in the early 80’s and managed to snag a Club Special at a ridiculously low price which was good since I was a starving student ( hence , the floor sweeping) . 80’s-late 90’s era Serotta’s are great bikes.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online