• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 20-21 Four Corners Weather, Conditions, Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Snowbowl sold out for Sat/Sun. Lines look pretty big up there today I'm assuming due to covid procedures.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Snowbowl sold out for Sat/Sun. Lines look pretty big up there today I'm assuming due to covid procedures.
I stayed home yesterday but got up for first chair line up today.

it was good but after two hours I wanted to leave as the lines and crowded runs became too much.

if this is the new normal I’ll stop skiing there completely in a few years.

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier

it was good but after two hours I wanted to leave as the lines and crowded runs became too much.

My thoughts exactly.

Chillonthehill

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier

I was up this morning too. Until about 10:30 the lines where I was were reasonable (Sunset was even ski to the lift for a couple . In one run down GCX, it went from GCX lines starting midway on the roped off section to lines all the way back to sunset. I wonder if that was the time the 3 charter buses I saw on the way out showed up.

The Snowbowl GM came through the GCX line when it was all the way back to Sunset so upper management is certainly aware.

I read that they started turning away people at the bottom due to “capacity” at 10:30. I can’t imagine how crowded it would have been if they let all of those cars up too.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Checking the AZSB webcam this morning and I see " Tickets are sold out 1/25 – 1/28 and 1/30..." wow. I am correct in understanding that pass holders _don't_ need any reservations? Or has that changed? Not that I have any intention of fighting with those crowds this week...

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was up up bowl yesterday and I’m up right now. Insane to see it packed and sold out on a Monday. Snow is nice and dry though. I think I got first legal tracks of the season on Blackjack and it was boot deep.

Chillonthehill

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Checking the AZSB webcam this morning and I see " Tickets are sold out 1/25 – 1/28 and 1/30..." wow. I am correct in understanding that pass holders _don't_ need any reservations? Or has that changed? Not that I have any intention of fighting with those crowds this week...

They are not requiring pass holders to have reservations. It’s probably why they are having to turn everyone (passholders and single day holders) away at the bottom by 11:00 the past few days.

I hope they reduced the number of single day tickets sold this week with the expectation more passholders would show, but they’ve done nothing to show they’re that forward thinking.

I was planning on going up again this week but don’t think I want to fight the crowds again.

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier
Line at TSV this morning. Backside was closed so the line off Chair 1 was this long from 8:30 until 11:30! I am taking a private week so I get to skip all the lines! Got first tracks on a few runs! Great day! E0ABCD34-91EC-40AE-9A13-47B1E583D100.jpeg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Line at TSV this morning. Backside was closed so the line off Chair 1 was this long from 8:30 until 11:30! I am taking a private week so I get to skip all the lines! Got first tracks on a few runs! Great day! View attachment 122118
Wow... that just doesn't seem possible based on the times I've been at TSV.

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier
Wow... that just doesn't seem possible based on the times I've been at TSV.
I was expecting this season to be slower but it is not! The lines were long, not due to distancing in line because people weren’t really distancing. And most people were going up in their own groups so there weren’t really any backups due to single riders. It was just busy!

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The snow is making me wish I were there. The lines not so much, which is consoling in a selfish, backhanded way.

It's quite irrational, how attached I've gotten to my "annual" Taos outing at about exactly this time of year, after only two iterations. But there it is.

Last year I brought back a touristy mug whose bright colors have been helping me get through the dreary coastal Maine winter. I know that's a hummingbird on the side, but it always makes me think of Vaughn Williams' The Lark Ascending. (N.B., @Rainbow Jenny.)

Next year. And maybe a double.

20210125_191040-01.jpeg

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
For anyone going up to Snowbowl, hit the bottom entrance by 7:30 and you are golden. The key is getting parking. Yes, it was busy the last two days but I didn’t wait more than 10-15 mins in line so was still able to get more than enough runs to tire my legs. Snow was incredible and lots of terrain opened today. Tomorrow will be very good.

skiNM

Booting up
Skier
Line at TSV this morning. Backside was closed so the line off Chair 1 was this long from 8:30 until 11:30! I am taking a private week so I get to skip all the lines! Got first tracks on a few runs! Great day! View attachment 122118
Hello everyone! I’m a long-time lurker on this site (and epicski beforehand) that never mustered the energy to write a comment, but I figure I have to say hello when I show up in a picture. I’m the guy in the orange helmet and rust-colored jacket staring up Al’s run in the center-right background. The lines are always long at Taos on powder days with lift holds, but they seemed to get things opened pretty well by the afternoon. Unfortunately, I could only nab two runs before I had to leave—but those runs were the best of the season so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online