• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 20-21 Four Corners Weather, Conditions, Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
@raisingarizona you are referencing the mega dump of late January 2017 right? A lot of my ski days blend together in memory but I vividly remember that storm. 3-4 days of non stop nuking. I could barely open the door to my Suby in the hotel parking lot in town. One of the few balls deep snorkel days I've had here in AZ. I was unemployed at the time and got 3 days of some of the best skiing I've ever had.
View attachment 122279
It was January 2019. 40 something in 48 in town and 100 inches at midway.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sunrise was an epic shit show today. They didn’t cap ticket sales and it was worse than Christmas week. Cars parked way down the access road with massive ticket line out into the parking lot. Minimal mask enforcement, I’d say about half were covered. So much for having an alternative to Snowbowl. Skiing in Rona world sucks.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It was January 2019. 40 something in 48 in town and 100 inches at midway.
I was in southern CO for that one. People were skiing lines on the hills in town in Durango. That storm also let loose a shitload of avalanches up there.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Ohhhhhh.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I think we had one of the "reported 5 inches skied like 10" days a couple of seasons ago. First week I ever skied trees (the easier ones - but did do Walkyrie Glade once), and some of them were shin deep. My theory was that it had blown off the trees and some wind loading.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Unsure if this was planned but it felt eerie seeing this today as I was there during the 2019 avalanche that took 2 lives... View attachment 122814
Patrol was working it hard, looks like bombing took K chutes to the ground. Scary snowpack in the bc this year.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sunrise was an epic shit show today. They didn’t cap ticket sales and it was worse than Christmas week. Cars parked way down the access road with massive ticket line out into the parking lot. Minimal mask enforcement, I’d say about half were covered. So much for having an alternative to Snowbowl. Skiing in Rona world sucks.

yup, I’m about over trying to ski here. It seems like people have way more free time in covid times. Everything about going skiing kind of sucks right now.

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier
This was taken on Sunday at Taos. My husband was the one with the GoPro, and our friend in yellow. I am actually up ahead and if you follow me, you will see how the guy crashed right infront of me. Not sure where he came out from (Hidalgo?) and he wasn’t wearing a helmet...
Be safe out there!!

Last edited:
TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
^Took a big hit in his fart suit it looks like.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
News from Taos:

"Great news. Effective yesterday, February 10, New Mexico State has removed its mandatory 14-day quarantine. The State is no longer requiring self-quarantine for both visitors or New Mexicans entering the State. We welcome this change and hope to see you soon... "

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier
Taos is sold out for this weekend. President’s Day has always been busy with crazy long lines. I cannot imagine how chaotic it will be this weekend with a storm coming our way. And Sunday will be freezing cold...Brrrrr...

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ski Apache and S. NM getting nuked. Well over a foot in town in Ruidoso and more on the way. Too bad the mountain is closed until Thursday. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online