• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 20-21 Four Corners Weather, Conditions, Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The chondola is going to make first chair line ups on pow day’s a bit more complicated.

I know......first world problems.

I will just lap the hell out of GCE now on powder days. Everyone is going to slam that chondola for the next year or two until they wise up.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So... interesting email from SkiPro today offering Telluride multi-day passes at "regional" pricing. Don't know the timeframe for the offer other than the message "Buy now, limited inventory!"

For reference, the single day ticket online price is $140.

The one day T-Card (reloadable at 20% off the regular ticket) is $125 (same as on the Telluride website)
3-day pass is $295 at SkiPro ($99/day) (not offered on the Telluride website)
6-day pass is $525 at SkiPro ($88/day) ($695 on the Telluride website)

Seems a good deal.

There is also a 10 day pass at pretty good savings but at that point, I think you would be looking at a season pass.

I don't know the details like can the days be spread out or do they have to be used consecutively?

There was also (on the Telluride website) a note that "Resort Charge required for multi-day passes," which sounds ominously like a hotel "Resort Fee" but actually it just means they link your credit card to the ski pass so you can use it to buy food and merchandise etc.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just realized, there is a new version of the trail map at the Snowbowl. The old Bill C. Brown drawing has been retired.

The map looks great on the website, but unfortunately, the downloadable PDF is a shitty rendering.

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
I just realized, there is a new version of the trail map at the Snowbowl. The old Bill C. Brown drawing has been retired.

The map looks great on the website, but unfortunately, the downloadable PDF is a shitty rendering.

Thanks for posting! The new maip is at https://www.snowbowl.ski/the-mountain/trail-maps/ and the artist is Kevin Mastin (https://www.kevinmastin.com/ski-trail-maps/). I wonder if MCP got him to do a new painting for Nordic Valley, too, with their expansion opening this season.

It's pretty, but the Bill C. Brown painting was one of my all-time favorites, so I'm a bit sad to see it go. I can't figure out what the pointy brown-gold peaks in the background behind Agassiz are supposed to be.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So... interesting email from SkiPro today offering Telluride multi-day passes at "regional" pricing. Don't know the timeframe for the offer other than the message "Buy now, limited inventory!"

For reference, the single day ticket online price is $140.

The one day T-Card (reloadable at 20% off the regular ticket) is $125 (same as on the Telluride website)
3-day pass is $295 at SkiPro ($99/day) (not offered on the Telluride website)
6-day pass is $525 at SkiPro ($88/day) ($695 on the Telluride website)

Seems a good deal.

There is also a 10 day pass at pretty good savings but at that point, I think you would be looking at a season pass.

I don't know the details like can the days be spread out or do they have to be used consecutively?

There was also (on the Telluride website) a note that "Resort Charge required for multi-day passes," which sounds ominously like a hotel "Resort Fee" but actually it just means they link your credit card to the ski pass so you can use it to buy food and merchandise etc.

This is a really good deal. You can't find these mid season either, I tried last year. If you are planning a Telluride trip, this is the cheapest you will get tickets.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
always think it is weird af how a bunch of indians hang out in the chat on the Snowbowl webcam. They don't seem to have any interest in skiing or snow.

1605280228458.png

cholla

Booting up
Skier
So, if Snowbowl does in fact open on 11-20-20, do you think it will just be the White Ribbon of Death? On the blog, it mentions GCX to Midway catwalk to Wild Turkey etc.... I was thinking about taking the kids up on Thanksgiving Day, since we're not doing a traditional family thing this year, but afraid of how crowded it might be with just that one WROD.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Looking at the webcam, looks like the Arizona Gondola has two chairs for one gondola car.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So, if Snowbowl does in fact open on 11-20-20, do you think it will just be the White Ribbon of Death? On the blog, it mentions GCX to Midway catwalk to Wild Turkey etc.... I was thinking about taking the kids up on Thanksgiving Day, since we're not doing a traditional family thing this year, but afraid of how crowded it might be with just that one WROD.

I'd wait until they have substantial terrain open and a couple natural storms. I have a feeling the WROD will be even worse than usual this year due to pent up demand from the last season ending early. Wolf Creek was really busy when I was up there last week and usually isn't during early season. I'm going to wait it out and let Snowbowl get some stuff open this season before I make the drive up. Probably going to be a good season to avoid all weekend skiing too.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
NM ski season just got postponed, whole state is now on full lockdown through end of month. I wouldn't be surprised to see more of this with other states soon.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Noted they were running the new Arizona Gondola Chondola yesterday. Other than finishing of the remaining infrastructure, it should be ready to roll when we have some snow.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'd wait until they have substantial terrain open and a couple natural storms. I have a feeling the WROD will be even worse than usual this year due to pent up demand from the last season ending early.
So would I ... in a normal year. But I have this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that skiing could easily be shut down so am thinking of getting as many ski days in as possible, even on the WROD. A WROD day is better than NO days. Mind you, if you're waiting for a couple of natural storms, were you thinking the 2021/22 season? :geek:

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
who is going up Friday? Post up some pics.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
Jeez! Massive lines at GCE this morning, which looked to be considerably closer than 6 feet between people. Interestingly, the GCE webcam has mysteriously "gone down" and is now offline. I deliberately did not take a screen shot as a screen shot of what I saw would be enough justification to close everything down again. People are just effing nuts - do they not realize that their behavior impacts whether we'll get a few days or a season? They're skiers and snowboarders - they must WANT the area to stay open. I am just so so disgusted and despondent.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
its all the NAU kids and they dont care about covid

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
its all the NAU kids and they dont care about covid
Well frankly Snowbowl should make them care by yanking their passes. Failing to do so is a recipe for total failure at the resort. They wouldn't need to yank too many students' passes before you found a remarkable turn-around in those kids' attitudes.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I cant believe they took down the webcam. Probably didn't want to make it on the Phoenix news.

Status
Not open for further replies.