• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

20/21 How many days so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeerValleyPhil

Booting up
Skier
Today was day 98 at Deer Valley. Can I make it to 100 ??

screenshot-1233.png

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
day 61, nothing special, but superb conditions at local resort?!

day 62 easter vacay! went to one of the bigger mountain resorts here, bluebird from 10:00 and awesome!

there was a selfie contest going on in liftline amongst tight-white-panted-ladies/girls. I think the avg was about 1 per minute. gotto get thoose gram shots. Also white pants mafia was in full effect.

we spent most of the day at the top only with a few runs to very bottom, as top was perfect hard snow conditions. and lower was slush. Buddy wanted to try the steepest run, ref the slope angle on the app.... ref the overterraining, he did not really enjoy himself bud he did survice with some burning legs ;) its basicly just a mountainside unprepped with piles of stuff getting softer and bigger as you move down.

I had put a fresh tune on gf's new skis the day before, so they were sharp... but as I later in the evning found out, her bases was NOT FLAT and high near edge, so when she wasnt carving, the new tune ment they would try to do some turning on their own , not ideal, and the remarks about them beeing weird, was 100% true. @GregK pointed me in the right direction and I did the least pretty base file job and slight detune to get them ready for day 2.

2021-04-01 16.11.50.jpg

2021-04-01 11.02.34.jpg
2021-04-01 11.06.58.jpg

2021-04-01 12.54.11.jpg

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was relatively unmotivated to go skiing today, but we got some new skis that needed testing so I rallied and went.
We ran into @ladyskidiva and another friend and ended up skiing with them. What fun!
I'm really glad I went.
Day 79 for me.

18217C4E-C87E-4647-AD40-AA0E72B18DC5.JPG

James

Out There
Instructor
there was a selfie contest going on in liftline amongst tight-white-panted-ladies/girls. I think the avg was about 1 per minute. gotto get thoose gram shots. Also white pants mafia was in full effect.
Here the rain probably controls the white pants. What happens is the black rubber on the wheels creates a black runny mess that you see on the snow on the ground. Intercepting this with white pants doesn’t make for a great selfie.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Today will be 80 for me.
Leaving early to get my first shot!!

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
day 63, more easter vaycay, went where weather was nicest, so another bigger resort, it was a FAST day, lifts opened earlier than advertised, and I almost got first track, you can see the dude snuck past me as I took a pic! :p

2021-04-02 09.32.39.jpg

2021-04-02 12.00.42.jpg

2021-04-02 10.09.56.jpg

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
62- Top was still pretty good, Top Ridge chair closed due to Bears lounging under it. The Dark side and lower dark side still have plenty of snow. We were last to ski down via lower mt. Downloading from now on they closed the lower mountain. All in all an excellent day, beautiful sky, decent snow good friends. Sad seeing it dwindle.

1617844247335.png

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
62- Top was still pretty good, Top Ridge chair closed due to Bears lounging under it. The Dark side and lower dark side still have plenty of snow. We were last to ski down via lower mt. Downloading from now on they closed the lower mountain. All in all an excellent day, beautiful sky, decent snow good friends. Sad seeing it dwindle.

View attachment 130689
Where is this?

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
44 so far.

31 - Mammoth and local plus 11 in CO and 2 in SLC. We will definitely make 50 and possibly 60 if Mammoth stays open and doesn't get too warm too fast.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
46 from week ago or something. No pics.
Then came the bloody corona thingy and hit me hard, so game over for this season.
It's been a very nice season, cant complain, hope next one will be better.

Inshallah.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online