• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

20/21 How many days so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 5 at Mt. Rose with @AKMINK, @Philpug, @Stephen, and @Tricia. We celebrated Phil's birthday in the parking lot with grilled chicken kabobs, antelope steaks, and lamb along with several snackies and pineapple cake. Great day!
20201201_143251.jpg

puptwin

good ideas, poorly executed
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Notice the bar is up on this chair. At least there's plenty of snow to cushion the fall, are they part of your group?

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
Yesterday was my first day of the season at Mt Baker on a non-typical Washington day, sunny. Lots of people, didn't see anyone without a mask, and lift lines were mostly empty. Coverage was very good for Dec. 1st. I made most runs on new Blossom WhiteOuts but also some on Tim's Stockli SRs. Posaune was at Baker too, from his post of the day, Having never met him had no reason to know we'd both be at Baker on the same day. Photo is Mt Shuskan from the parking lot, the lot is flat I tipped the phone accidentally.

1606933140580.jpeg

Last edited:

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Notice the bar is up on this chair. At least there's plenty of snow to cushion the fall, are they part of your group?
They are part of my group. Honestly, bar down isn't heard very often at Mt. Rose. Windy days yes, but I guess we're just daredevils on sunny days.

bgimby

Losing an edge
Skier
Day 3, park city. Canyons today. Lots of roller blades, 1-ski skiing, and pivot slips. Working on breaking in new boots that are (1) immediately improving my skiing and (2) still quite uncomfortable. Might check out woodward tomorrow evening.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 6 at Mt. Rose. Conditions are still quite good but we could REALLY use some help from Ma Nature.

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Day #3 on Tue 12/1 Keystone again for the 3rd day this season. Got there around 8:30am. Free parking at Mountain House steps away from the trail. 2” of fresh and light snow on a off all day. Great conditions. Did some drills for the 1st hour and then free skied the rest of the morning. No lift lines until around 11am and then had to wait 3-4 chairs at the most. Flying Dutchman and Wild Irishman opened up in the late morning and had really nice, soft snow, medium sized bumps and decent coverage. Skied until noon and got in 11 runs and 20K vertical. Everyone was masked and seemed to be following distancing recommendations.

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier

Smart group.
People with mild COVID can have a runny nose. They wipe their nose on their glove then touch the bar. COVID lives a long time on cold surfaces. I’m leaving it up this year. If I ran a resort I’d zip tie them all in the up position.
And seven times so far.

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
I really miss doughnuts, thanks for the memories. Skied day 2 at Mt Baker yesterday. Sunny and warm, forecast called for temps to 40's. Skied on Blossom WhiteOuts which work well on really hard snow, good edge hold, not washing out. Called it a day early as while the snow was hard the legs were soft.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That chair is (from left to right)
@AKMINK @Stephen @Tricia @Philpug
@Andy Mink slipped through the gate by accident and got on the chair in front of us.
On windy days the bar is always down but most days I feel fine without it down. After all I started skiing when chairs didn't have safety bars.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@Andy Mink slipped through the gate by accident and got on the chair in front of us.
On windy days the bar is always down but most days I feel fine without it down. After all I started skiing when chairs didn't have safety bars.
And they are just now installing bars on the fixed grip right next to it.

puptwin

good ideas, poorly executed
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just my worrying nature I guess. I've been on chairs that stopped suddenly and was thankful that the bar was down. I'm also more relaxed during the ride up.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
giphy.gif

Probably going to stay at this until things settle down after the holidays. I can't get to the mountains on a weekday. Weekends are too apocalyptic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online