• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

20/21 How many days so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
One, self propelled.
IMG_20201107_125714670.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
And just like that we're on to the next season.

Sticking this in General Skiing and unsticking the 2019-2020 thread.

Mothertucker, this post seems like a lifetime ago.

TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
And just like that we're on to the next season.

Sticking this in General Skiing and unsticking the 2019-2020 thread.

Mothertucker, this post seems like a lifetime ago.
IKR! 174 days between turns, a big gap without the Sierra Spring. Day #2 today.

bgimby

Losing an edge
Skier

Keystone opening day. Less busy than a usual opening day but the WROD was still somewhat crowded, especially in the narrower sections. Lift lines were between 0-5 minutes, and the mazes had every other lane blocked to promote social distancing. There were several employees whose sole job was telling people to put their masks on, and they unfortunately had their work cut out for them.

Overall it felt relatively safe. It was very possible to maintain social distancing. Much easier than Timberline in the summer (mainly due to shorter and better-managed lift lines). I was pleasantly surprised in that respect.

The skiing itself was good. I thought the snow was fine. On the wider sections of the trail there was plenty of room to make race speed slalom turns. Someone came up out of the blue and asked me for advice on carving on the "icy" (their word) conditions of the day, which was a nice ego boost. I guess they haven't skied much in the midwest or out east.

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Day#1 Keystone yesterday, 7 runs, 13.5K vertical, started around 11:30am, more crowded on the WROD than expected especially during the first few runs, lift wait was 0-5 chairs, many chairs going up with only 1 rider, mostly PP with a few scratchy areas here and there, snowed 2-3” during the day, as usual softer snow available on the sides of the run, like @bobojoe108 mentioned staff were asking people to use face coverings properly, didn’t see or hear of any resistance, overall a good start to the season.

twa2w

Putting on skis
Skier
Skied Lake Louise Nov 3rd. What was open was not in bad shape although I would recommend rock skis for another week or two. The snowmaking efforts they normally put towards the World Cup went to other parts of the hill this year. Had to skip this week but will be out most weeks now until May. It wasn't open when I was there but they opened the new lift this week to get access to west bowl. The old platter to access the top is now gone.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If putting skis and skins on yesterday and walking around the woods near my house counts, 1 as well. I did take the skins off and take a short run through the trees.
I broke out my new to me Enforcers that were delivered the day before shutdown last season and took some turns in my living room. It was a pow day:cool:

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Clocked days 2 and 3 this weekend. Human powered uphill traffic for season pass holders only, I would guess there was about 30-40 people spread across the 10am-3pm time slot that we were open. I was patrolling and got three runs on Saturday, two of which I skinned up for and one was a snowmachine shuttle. Sunday was a single skinning run as my legs were tired. It's about a 45minute 1300' vertical 1.2mile skin to get up to the top from the base.

Snow was great though! Picture from the end of Sunday, not too shabby for being open for 3 days.
20201115_134849.jpg

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
received_188038806307554.jpeg

Day one. Galena Summit, ID. Won't be counting this year, but this one counts for something because we both checked another state off the list, it was the first season either of our first days were out of state, first year starting the season off under our own power, and most importantly; Rosie's first ski day.
PXL_20201118_222015252.jpg

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

But it was a good 1. 6 lifts open at Crystal so basically no lift lines, fresh snow covering up rocks and brush with a 40+ inch base, no WRODs, and crowds controlled with reservation system.

And I got to use my new Woodsman 102’s in conditions they were made for. And they were awesome.

CF87343F-5887-4BAC-92AE-CE0D315080E3.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online