• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

20/21 How many days so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
1! I've been waiting a long time to post that! At Mt. Rose with @Philpug and @Tricia.
20201120_084917.jpg

bigguyski

Booting up
Skier
Hello all,

Ski season is well underway here in Edmonton, Alberta. We have 4 local hills here and three are already open and the other one is scheduled for next week.

I have gone 2 times to Snow Valley for a couple of hours each time. It is the smallest of our local hills and a couple hours is all one can take when laps are around 3 to 4 minutes. Mask usage has been 100 percent from what I have seen. Pass holders can go anytime, all other must reserve a 4 hour time slot which they do every 30 minutes.
Odd fact about Snow Valley - it has one of a very few pulse chairlifts in the world.

Wearing a mask with eyeglasses is going to be a problem this year. First day I went, is was snowing like mad so I had to take my glasses off and dry/clean them at the top of every run. The second time I went was better. I wore a different mask that came up over my nose more and put my glasses over the top of the mask on my nose. This seemed to work much better as I did not need to stop and clean/wipe my glasses dry all day.

Kent

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 2 at Mt. Rose. A bit more crowed and the lines were longer but not awful. They did a good job at keeping groups in the middle and singles in the sides. We only saw one or two people have to be reminded about masks in the corral. Same people more than once. With @Philpug, @Tricia, and @AKMINK.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Hello all,

Ski season is well underway here in Edmonton, Alberta. We have 4 local hills here and three are already open and the other one is scheduled for next week.

I have gone 2 times to Snow Valley for a couple of hours each time. It is the smallest of our local hills and a couple hours is all one can take when laps are around 3 to 4 minutes. Mask usage has been 100 percent from what I have seen. Pass holders can go anytime, all other must reserve a 4 hour time slot which they do every 30 minutes.
Odd fact about Snow Valley - it has one of a very few pulse chairlifts in the world.

Wearing a mask with eyeglasses is going to be a problem this year. First day I went, is was snowing like mad so I had to take my glasses off and dry/clean them at the top of every run. The second time I went was better. I wore a different mask that came up over my nose more and put my glasses over the top of the mask on my nose. This seemed to work much better as I did not need to stop and clean/wipe my glasses dry all day.

Kent
Glad to hear you're getting out on the slopes. I suppose we probably won't be skiing together this year.... but I look forward to times when we can in the future!

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Day three at Rose with @AKMINK. Learning what other places have in the way of lines. 10-15 minute line. That's unheard of except for stupid crazy holidays and powder days. Still, it was very chill and everyone was behaving.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Day 3 at Killington. The three day psaaholder season is over. Open to day ticket sales on Monday 23 Nov. Two minute lift line longest we have been in to this point.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
1 at Alta.

The first chair took 35 minutes from opening to get up and down. After that it was only 2-3 groups deep without much of a wait.

Waiting for the first chair I listened to a few people around me complaining that Alta was ruined and they blew it. I turned my music on and the wait got better and I was happy to be on skis.

IMG_0425.JPG

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
1 at Alta.

The first chair took 35 minutes from opening to get up and down. After that it was only 2-3 groups deep without much of a wait.

Waiting for the first chair I listened to a few people around me complaining that Alta was ruined and they blew it. I turned my music on and the wait got better and I was happy to be on skis.

View attachment 115789
What's the mask setup there? Working well?

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What's the mask setup there? Working well?

The mask is an Outdoor Research Adrenaline which is comfy around the ears and sits off the face a bit that helped with my goggles.
I have overheating-fogging issues pre-Covid where a gaiter or under helmet beanie usually cause problems for me.
With only the OR mask and warmer temps than I will see again until the spring, my face was cold at times. Most important, I did not fog up.
I took my mask quiver (disposable, another OR variation, and cloth) and only used the Adrenaline.

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 2 Keystone today. 10” of new, heavier (for CO standards), base building snow. All tracked out after a couple of hours since there are only about 1/2 dozen runs open but still a lot of fun. Skied my Icelantic Nomads 115 for the 1st 4 runs. Then switched to my rock skis Nordica Nrgy 80 for a few runs and back to the Nomads for the last 4 runs since they’re so stable, quick and fun. I hope that I’ll have lots of opportunity to ski the Nomads this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid