• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2016-17 Binding Indemnification List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Here is Salomon/Atomic's list for 2016-17: LINK

I like that Salomon is letting us know which bindings are in their last season. Also note that instead of blanketly removing all of the 9XX bindings, the all metal 916, and 920's are staying on the list. I recall talking to some of the head binding guys a few years ago about that. I didn't realize they were actually paying attention to what I was saying. As soon as I find the other bands, I will combine them all into one thread.
Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 5.50.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 5.51.02 PM.png

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Phil, the Atomic list seems to have an oddity. The X19 VAR is shown as non-indemnified (I assume that is grayed out list?) but all the other XxxVAR models are still OK . And they show an X19 MOD which is not a designation I am familiar with

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I didn't know Tecno was part of Amer. Box store stuff.
Not uncommon to see names like that uder a brand. We will see 4front under Tyrolia..and Look and other brands too. There is probably 10 different names under Vist.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil, the Atomic list seems to have an oddity. The X19 VAR is shown as non-indemnified (I assume that is grayed out list?) but all the other XxxVAR models are still OK . And they show an X19 MOD which is not a designation I am familiar with
I saw that. Strange that it is already on the list...not that it matters, it starts at a 10...can't really get tested anyway.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Oh, I know. I worked for a major food manufacturer years ago.....SPL1 and SPL2 - 2 different blendsof instant coffee, but under about 20 different store brand labels. Amer is huge in sports. Canadian warehouse about 4 miles across town from home.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

Grey is the designation for 'final season on list' so the X 19 VAR is indemnified but just barely. See note How to read the list under the Salomon bindings.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Hmm... some definite oddities in here.

Why would the same binding (FFG 12 / STH 12) be "in final year" on one list, and not on the other?

I bought NIB FFG12s two months ago. Given that they have FFG 12 model years at least through 2016 (http://alpineoptions.com/26872/2016-Atomic-FFG-12-100mm-Brake/?gclid=CIy_3bXA4s8CFZU0aQodXXkN_A) it seems crazy to me they would be off list by 2018.

This is the reason people hate on indemnification lists as ways to artificially age out bindings in an effort to move sales along. Just some painted on words make the difference between whether a binding is safe to indemnify or not?

Last edited:

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
I see my C610 is on there. Now I gotta figure out how long I can use them before the heels blow out. Meanwhile, my 727's are wondering what all the fuss is about.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I see my C610 is on there.....

And therein is the craziness. I threw out a pair of old crappy skis with C610s on them a few weeks ago because they were past saving in my opinion. They aren't even in "their last year" per the chart. The BNIB, 2015 Atomic FFG 12s I have ready to mount up....gone next year?!

sinbad7

Getting on the lift
Skier
So the Salomon S914 Lab and S914 Pilot - one is in the final year, the other is not. Is that also a metal / non-metal distinction? I have one or the other on my FX94s, not sure which.

SnowDuck

Booting up
Skier
Thanks was looking for these lists. So, does this mean that if a binding is not on a list it needs to be trashed/recycled? Have a pair of Look/Rossi bindings that I was going to mount on a pair of carve oriented skis (binder is Rossi Axial Race 140 -- silver with orange and yellow bits, and a lifter plate). Were listed last season this season apparently not. Perhaps sell via eBay/here to someone who mounts their own? A year late -- rats!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks was looking for these lists. So, does this mean that if a binding is not on a list it needs to be trashed/recycled? Have a pair of Look/Rossi bindings that I was going to mount on a pair of carve oriented skis (binder is Rossi Axial Race 140 -- silver with orange and yellow bits, and a lifter plate). Were listed last season this season apparently not. Perhaps sell via eBay/here to someone who mounts their own? A year late -- rats!

No, it means that the manufacturer does not support it with parts. I might have trouble getting a shop to mount them but once off the list, they are not immediately unsafe to ski. They wil be tough to sell, that heel is the new Coke of bindings, and really very little following. They will be a tough sell, not worth much.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
crgildart Binding Indemnification List:
Only slightly cracked? =Good to go
Spring is visible?=Better take a spare pair of skis just in case..

I'm kidding of course.. Visible cracks are when I stop skiing a plastic binding. More than 10 years old and ski at risk of explosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor