• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cage Match Comparison 2017 Blizzard Bonafide vs 2017 Nordica Enforcer

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Bonafide vs Enforcer
Cage Match Bone vs Enforcer.png
The Bonafide quickly became the reference ski in 98-100mm category when it was released five years ago, and now its cousin the Enforcer wants to wrestle that title away from it. Who wins this cage match comparison? You decide. These two skis come out of the same factory and are more similar than they are different. They are both 60/40 skis: the Bonafide is 60/40 power, and the Enforcer is 60/40 finesse.

We expect a lot out of skis that are benchmarks, and these two deliver. The on-snow feel of the Bonafide with its 20m turn radius in the 180cm length gives it that power feel. The Flipcore construction with its moderate early rise in the tip and tail combined with camber underfoot makes the Bonafide ski true to length so there is no need to size up because of "rocker." Last season Blizzard added some carbon to the extremities of the Bonafide, giving the proven shape a quieter feel at speed without either neutering or making it nervous: it just made it better. If you are the "average guy" and usually ski a 180, you might end up in between sizes with the Enforcer, but it's not too much to fret. If you want the ski to be a little turnier and more playful, you can go slightly shorter than the Bone; if you want a little more power, go a little longer. But even then, it is a bit more playful than the Bonafide. With Nordica's Hammerhead tip, the rise is a little more extended than the Bone; combine that with a little more rise in the tail and a 17m radius, and that's where the playfulness comes from.

• Why choose the Bonafide? Power. The Bonafide likes to charge but it does not demand your attention the whole time; it will play, but you need to let this bull know who's in charge.
  • Why choose the Enforcer? You spend more time in the trees and you like to make shorter- to medium-radius turns without the loss of stability.
  • Other skis in the class: Armada Invictus 99, Salomon QST99, Volkl Mantra
@Dave Petersen Artwork​

Last edited:

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Well done! I am anxious to read about the Stockli Laser AX or SX vs its Head counterpart.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Would love to demo some Bonafides this season and see if I like them as much as my Enforcers. Seems like you can't go wrong with either ski for an intermediate-advanced skier.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Would love to demo some Bonafides this season and see if I like them as much as my Enforcers. Seems like you can't go wrong with either ski for an intermediate-advanced skier.
The Boneafide has proven to be a bit much for the average indermediate skier, to get the most out of it, where the Enforcer's sweetspot tends to be a little more obtainable.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wait...what's in the cage...AX or SX?

I have the AX and last year's Titans although they've never been in a cage. Unless they were in a cage before I bought them.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wait...what's in the cage...AX or SX?

I have the AX and last year's Titans although they've never been in a cage. Unless they were in a cage before I bought them.
Sorry, AX.

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
I hit the slopes with a buddy of mine who just picked up the Enforcers (185) this year. I have the Bonafides from last year (carbon flavor - @ 180). We both have the same size boot :thumb: so we got play around on both skis today.

Some quick thoughts - (be kind as I am not @Philpug when it comes to giving ski reviews):
  • Both great skis! Period!
  • Our thoughts:
    • The Bonafides are better in crud, chop and mixed snow ..
    • The Enforcer felt quicker turning but the Bonafides seemed to hook up quicker in the turn. Must be the TR difference
    • The Enforcer had a bit better float (only in 10-12 inches today in the trees).
    • They both felt really stable - regardless where we were.
    • The Bonafides seem to have a higher top end and more energy out of the turn
    • The Enforcers are more forgiving - from a standpoint of needing to bring your A/B game or having fun with your B/C game
    • Both great carvers - maybe the edge to the Enforcer due to the TR for fun
    • Lastly - I enjoyed having 180 under me vs 185 - call it a quirk, mental, etc... but swing in the trees, etc... I felt more comfortable. My buddy did as well - but really nitpicking at this point.
At the end of the day - we both had a blast and we both enjoy our own skis - BUT - we can always swap for fun!! Saves me $$$ and peace of mind as I have always wondered if I might have missed out on not getting the Enforcer last year - but still really love my Bonafides!

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
Bonafide vs Enforcer
View attachment 14966
The Bonafide quickly became the reference ski in 98-100mm category when it was released five years ago, and now its cousin the Enforcer wants to wrestle that title away from it. Who wins this cage match comparison? You decide. These two skis come out of the same factory and are more similar than they are different. They are both 60/40 skis: the Bonafide is 60/40 power, and the Enforcer is 60/40 finesse.

We expect a lot out of skis that are benchmarks, and these two deliver. The on-snow feel of the Bonafide with its 20m turn radius in the 180cm length gives it that power feel. The Flipcore construction with its moderate early rise in the tip and tail combined with camber underfoot makes the Bonafide ski true to length so there is no need to size up because of "rocker." Last season Blizzard added some carbon to the extremities of the Bonafide, giving the proven shape a quieter feel at speed without either neutering or making it nervous: it just made it better. If you are the "average guy" and usually ski a 180, you might end up in between sizes with the Enforcer, but it's not too much to fret. If you want the ski to be a little turnier and more playful, you can go slightly shorter than the Bone; if you want a little more power, go a little longer. But even then, it is a bit more playful than the Bonafide. With Nordica's Hammerhead tip, the rise is a little more extended than the Bone; combine that with a little more rise in the tail and a 17m radius, and that's where the playfulness comes from.

• Why choose the Bonafide? Power. The Bonafide likes to charge but it does not demand your attention the whole time; it will play, but you need to let this bull know who's in charge.
  • Why choose the Enforcer? You spend more time in the trees and you like to make shorter- to medium-radius turns without the loss of stability.
  • Other skis in the class: Armada Invictus 99, Salomon QST99, Volkl Mantra
@Dave Petersen Artwork​
I owned both and prefer the Enforcer 98. I am 5'10" and a heavy older expert skier. Perhaps the fact that I am not a light weight is why I prefer the Enforcer.

USCskibum

Booting up
Skier
Currently have a set of 180cm Brahma’s for my sub-90 skis and looking to add something around 100cm giving me a 2-ski quiver. The Enforcer 100 seems like the natural choice for what I am looking for. Any input or comparison when looking at: Enforcer 100 vs. Bonafide (too much overlap with Brahma?) vs. Rustler 10? Any other skis that would fit in this range J Skis Metal? 6’-2” - 230 lb - intermediate who skis: Mammoth, Tahoe, Park City and Colorado. Smooth and stable are priority over “jibby and playful”...

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I think youd be happy on the Enforcer 100 for sure. 185cm at the shortest. Also you should new the new Bonafide isnt as demanding at the older one but still more ski than the Enforcer 100.

USCskibum

Booting up
Skier
I think youd be happy on the Enforcer 100 for sure. 185cm at the shortest. Also you should new the new Bonafide isnt as demanding at the older one but still more ski than the Enforcer 100.

Would the Bonafide be too much overlap with the Brahma? Would appreciate any feedback on: 180 Bonafide vs. 185 Enforcer vs. 188 Rustler 10

Sponsor

Staff online