• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cage Match Comparison 2017 Dynastar Glory 84 vs 2017 Dynastar Cham 2.0 W 87

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Advancing intermediate skiers, this is for you.

Glory vs. Cham 87.png

Dynastar has implemented its five-point sidecut beyond the freeride lineup, showcasing its prowess in the all-mountain Glory series for women. These two skis have so many similarities on paper, both in construction and dimensions, you might wonder why to choose one over the other.

Both the Glory 84 and the Cham 2.0 W 87 are lightweight and nimble, geared toward the advancing intermediate skier. The full fiberglass reinforcement on the Glory offers a better experience on groomers, whereas the Cham is more fun in softer snow.
  • Why choose the Glory 84? Because you are looking for a nimble ski that makes really nice turns.
  • Why choose the Cham 2.0 W 87? Because you want to explore the moguls and play in soft snow.
  • Other skis in the class: Atomic Vantage 85 W, Salomon QST Myriad 85, Elan Twilight 84.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
LOVE that you are reviewing skis in this realm! Hope I can contribute, too at some point, as an advancing intermediate!

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Fiberglass reinforcement - is that for lightweight strength, in lieu of metal? And I'm thinking torsional strength, not stiffness.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@Tricia, have you skied the Glory 89? I just picked up a pair for a steal that I'm going to mount with my Attack 11 bindings that I got last season for dirt cheap. Got some pretty good feedback on them from a few folks here locally. They sound like the perfect blend of dampness, maneuverability, and forgiveness for me.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Tricia, have you skied the Glory 89? I just picked up a pair for a steal that I'm going to mount with my Attack 11 bindings that I got last season for dirt cheap. Got some pretty good feedback on them from a few folks here locally. They sound like the perfect blend of dampness, maneuverability, and forgiveness for me.
Yes. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Its fairly damp, and smooth.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Its fairly damp, and smooth.
Thanks! Damp and smooth are two qualities I am finding I like. Throw in their short turn radius at the 166 length (somewhere in the 14m range) and I think I'll like them a lot. I guess I'll find out, then report back!

skichickee

Chaser of Lil' Rippers
Skier
In spring of 2016 I demo'd the Glory 84s and the Cham 97s at the RDL testing center at Crystal Mountain. I was starting to ski black runs everyday and more and more ungroomed and off-trail runs. My expert skier husband noted, "I think your skis are holding you back at this point," So there I was. It was a fun day, it was my first time doing a demo day and I hadn't realized what a treat I was in for! I was skiing alone and just having a blast making fast mid-week laps and skiing everything I could gt onto to check them out. I tried the Glory 84s first and already loved the feel as it was such a nice step up from my old, beat-up beginner skis, I immediately felt I could handle more speed and tackle more difficult terrain in them. Then after lunch and a beer I traded them for the Cham 97s, at that point there was no erasing my perma-grin. They felt as good as the Glorys did, but they also cut through the crud really well while still carving a pretty nice turn on the groomers.

When I returned the Chams at the end of the day I told the tech I was in love, it was hard handing them back over. I was ruined after that. I ended up with the Cham 87s and they are great all-mountain skis for me. My hubby owns 2 pairs of the same year Cham 87s and I sometimes I catch him looking for a 3rd pair after gouging up the good pair this past season. . . . Since my kids have become real powder hounds, I can see myself in the Cham 97s next time around. :D
upload_2017-6-2_12-8-17.png
upload_2017-6-2_12-7-57.png

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks so much for adding to this cage match. Its really great when you can compare a few different skis and find the right pair. Dynastar is doing a fantastic job with this line up. For a carve specific ski, look at the Intense 12 coming out next year. Really great ski.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January