• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have my first teaser on the front page here SIA PREVIEW. Here are a few more to fill in the blanks...

Blizzard Quattro
IMG_8145.jpg

Blizzard is returning to its roots and bringing back the "Quattro" name in an all-new frontside collection. Just as it did by offering the Mach 1 boot in narrow and medium volumes, Blizzard will release these constructions in narrow and mid-width versions.

Head Supershape
IMG_8140.jpg

Head is moving the bar on the Supershape series. While the same names return, we have all-new shapes, and, as I suspected, we will see its favorite ingredient brought to the collection: yes, the Supershapes will have Graphene. I am told the new shapes will be even more playful without losing the precision they are known for.

Dynastar
(no pics yet)
The Return of the Legend Pro Rider! Yes, the 192cm men-among-men ski, maybe the only French ski that does not eat quiche, is back and part of Dynastar's newly comprised Factory Team Collection, which consists of the Speed WC Master, Speed Zone 16TI (all new), aforementioned Pro Rider, Slicer Factory, and the Twister mogul ski. All skis in this collection will have the same Factory Team graphics.

These are just three teasers besides what we have already posted here in other areas like the new Enforcer 93 and the DPS Foundation Collection. I have more to release later as we get closer to the show and when I can get on more product. Stay tuned for some cool new stuff from Atomic, Armada, and Rossignol.

Last edited:

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
We got to take an early look at the 2017 Blizzard line back in December, but have been asked to not share the photos or information until January 28.

I will say the Quattro looks excellent and there are some other changes to the lineup that I think everyone will be really excited about!

This time of year is fun as all the 2017 gears starts to roll out! :beercheer:

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
The entire flipcore line is getting Carbon Fiber.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The entire flipcore line is getting Carbon Fiber.
Brahma is, Latigo is staying the same. The Peacemaker, Regulator and Gunsmoke which are also "Flipcore" skis are all carry over constructions.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We got to take an early look at the 2017 Blizzard line back in December, but have been asked to not share the photos or information until January 28.

I will say the Quattro looks excellent and there are some other changes to the lineup that I think everyone will be really excited about!

This time of year is fun as all the 2017 gears starts to roll out! :beercheer:
It's like Christmas in January. I have a lot to share but I need to let it out a little at a time..I have to keep you coming back :D

Supergaper

Slaying it gently.
Skier
Slicer Factory- sounds interesting! ProRider- the only ski never sold at MSRP or MAP! Bro deal to the extreme! Kastle will probably
have new MX offerings and carry over the new FX and BMX lines unchanged per usual. (2 year cycles)

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Any report on stockli ?
Laser cx and sx should be updated for 2016-2017
I think we have been enhanced with N.G.T. (New Graphic Technology)

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Volkl made a huge changes last year and are expending with them on the ladies side of the wall. Much more about this from the show.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Any report on stockli ?
Laser cx and sx should be updated for 2016-2017
I wonder if they might expand on the AX concept. Skis that really perform on-piste, in the bumps and in up to a foot while not being terribly demanding. Maybe I shoukd do a review.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A couple of the things that stood out for me at the trade show:
  • Boots are getting a bit of a throwback look, while staying on the forefront of better fit and function. Colors of boots are insanely 70's (and 80's) Sexy!
    IMG_8143.jpg
  • Love the flex of the new Samba (Still 98mm under foot but new construction), and its not orange this year.
    IMG_0050.JPG
  • Head is killing it with the graphics of the women's line, which is unchanged otherwise, and taking some of the graphene technology to a lot more skis in their line up
  • IMG_0060.JPG
  • Armada has something new coming for women. (have to leave a teaser here for now.)
  • More helmets have MIPS
  • Atomic is making things new for the women's front side flavor
  • Volkl is bringing the 90Eight to the women's side, which is awesome because the 100EightW was super fun, and changing binding system for women's front side skis
  • IMG_0063.JPG
  • The Tecnica Cochise line is coming out with 4 buckles.(see photo above)
  • and here's something really interesting, a few boot manufacturers are bringing some new technology to the forefront in boots for the beginner/intermediate skier.
  • IMG_0418.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online