• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comparison Review 2017 Rossi Experience 88 vs. Nordica nRGY 90s??

job151

Booting up
Skier
so read a lot of reviews and feedback, but haven't seen direct comparisons of the two skis above for 2017.

I was able to ski the 2016 Nordicas and Rossi 84s, both were super, and seemed in my ignorance pretty similar.
Know that both are updated for this year, and even better, but as I can't demo them before the Labor Day sales here in Denver, any thoughts on substantial differences?

Looking to replace some six year old Nordica Hot Rod Jet Fuels, 84 width skis. Great but heavy. Also have some Nordica Vagabonds so these will be an everyday ski, and when powder is real nice they will stay behind and the Vagabonds will be used of course.

Thanks in advance, and if there are comparisons out for 2017 models vice 2016s would appreciate a link!
J

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Welcome. we would love to help you out. You have Vagabonds already and want this ski to complement them, right? You are replacing the HRJF's? As a complment for the Vagabonds, I would say the E88's would be my first choice from these two, I think they are better as a hard snow ski than the NRGy90's. If these were going to be an only ski, the Nordica's would be my suggestion but again, since you have the Vagabonds, the Rossi. I skied the 2017 E88HD and while they are slightly better, I don't think they are $2-300 better cosidering that they will be $649 and you should be able to get last years Experience for around $400 or even less.
One caution, there will be a bunch of these E88's out there in demos. If they have the Rossignol/Look demo or Salomon Z demo bindings..run away. Marker Griffon demos are OK but better off at these sales is to buy new.

TS
job151

job151

Booting up
Skier
oops, sorry Phil just saw this reply. Yes you were right, was looking to complement the Vagabonds from Skihaus last year. Must have channeled you, did buy the E88s, was tempted to go w/the '15 version, but paid a little more. Already repurposed the HRJFs to a college aged son :) I didn't demo these last year, but still liked the E84 Rossis a little better than the nRGYs... will see (soon I hope) if choice was right, but don't think I could go wrong much w/either choice. Thanks.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January