• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clong83

Stauffenberg!
Skier
I don't know how I feel about that, honestly. I do like my dark nighttime skies. I don't live in Flag, but I can see why it would give some people pause. It's good that they are engaging with that segment of the population first, and I think there is potential to do it in a way that would be acceptable. Any news on that front?

Anybody heard any plans for his other resorts? Pajarito could really use a new lift...

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
I still think that’s just a playing chip they plan to give up to gain things they really want.

The rumor right now is a two story summit restaurant as well. The Texan does like to think big.

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
I still think that’s just a playing chip they plan to give up to gain things they really want.

The rumor right now is a two story summit restaurant as well. The Texan does like to think big.

You could very well be right re: night skiing as a bargaining chip. New restaurant at the top of Agassiz or Grand Canyon Express?

Shifterkart

Putting on skis
Skier
New restaurant at the top of Agassiz or Grand Canyon Express?

I believe it is to be at the top of Agassiz which would make sense if last years news goes forward replacing the current lift with a Chandola and year round scenic rides.

upload_2019-8-22_10-18-27.png

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
New restaurant? How about doing something with the barely functioning Fremont? Grand idea to have a nice---and I emphasize NICE---dining establishment at the top for sure.

Just heard a day ago that my pass is finally on the way. Some sort of IT issue caused many delays. I do sympathize with the staff handling these passes this year. Got to be a pain getting the system established and running smoothly.

Shifterkart

Putting on skis
Skier
I never really understood Freemont. I know it was a fast and "cheap" way to increase capacity for the over crowded lodges but it seems to have been poorly executed. I would really like to see something done with the food quality and selection which seems to be getting worse each year.

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
New resta
I never really understood Freemont. I know it was a fast and "cheap" way to increase capacity for the over crowded lodges but it seems to have been poorly executed. I would really like to see something done with the food quality and selection which seems to be getting worse each year.

I never did either. And I totally agree.

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
I presumed it was built in a manner to avoid some form of a NEPA review. It seems like it could be argued to be a temporary structure without running water.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
You could very well be right re: night skiing as a bargaining chip. New restaurant at the top of Agassiz or Grand Canyon Express?

Agassiz. The gondola or chondola makes a lot of sense if they do that. They could have all sorts of events up there year round.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier

It does suck. At least the beer prices have dropped a bit now (started this summer). I guess after crunching the numbers they realized that they ran off most locals as they had moved into the parking lots to tailgate and save money.

A good south western menu sure would be nice at one of their lodges. It’s not that hard to produce some good tacos and burritos but for what ever reason they just can’t figure out the food thing or they just don’t care.

I skied around 75 days last season and I can count on one hand how many times I bought food from them. I just can’t spend that kind of money for such shit food.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It does suck. At least the beer prices have dropped a bit now (started this summer). I guess after crunching the numbers they realized that they ran off most locals as they had moved into the parking lots to tailgate and save money.

A good south western menu sure would be nice at one of their lodges. It’s not that hard to produce some good tacos and burritos but for what ever reason they just can’t figure out the food thing or they just don’t care.

I skied around 75 days last season and I can count on one hand how many times I bought food from them. I just can’t spend that kind of money for such shit food.

Yeah, I don't buy food up there anymore except the random chili cheese fries when I get desperate. Some of the worst ski area food I've ever had has been at Snowbowl. Purgatory is the same way, they have incredible slope side dining venues up there and the food is worse than school cafeteria. I hope it is on someone's radar to address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online