• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
One week out from opening day at AZ Snowbowl! Looks like nightly temps should be great for snow making all next week.

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
We picked up our Ski passes from Snowbowl on Saturday. It’s hard to see in the picture, but there is still some natural snow at the top of the trails, and the new blown snow at the base. They are also doing a lot of work in the parking lots moving dirt with dozers. It’s freezing up here this week, so they should be able to make snow, unless it’s too windy?

ADDBEE66-8A75-4A39-940C-99D0063F8708.jpeg

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Nice dump for the four corners resorts today. Looks like patterns shift next week maybe. Here we go!

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Liftline used to be called Shooting Star. I wonder why they removed its recognition?

I’m calling it that from now on.

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
I skied Snowball for the first time this morning. Just like last year, they have done a great job of blowing snow and creating a very skiable trail all the way from the top of Catwalk back down to the Hart Prairie Base, utilizing the Grand Canyon Express. It's good coverage, with some pine debris but no rocks. Maybe sixty yards wide in places.The Catwalk is the usual mess with stalling and falling snowboarders, but otherwise, good times. I bailed around lunch when it started to get warm and busy. It's good to be on snow again.

Last edited:
TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I skied Snowball for the first time this morning. Just like last year, they have done a great job of blowing snow and creating a very skiable trail all the way from the top of Catwalk back down to the Hart Prairie Base, utilizing the Grand Canyon Express. It's good coverage, with some pine debris but no rocks. Maybe sixty yards wide in places.The Catwalk is the usual mess with stalling and falling snowboarders, but otherwise, good times. I bailed around lunch when it started to get warm and busy. It's good to be on snow again.

Right on thanks for the report. I am heading up for a half day tomorrow, bring on winter!

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Nice WROD this year. They were making snow on Lower Agassiz yesterday morning so looks like focus is moving Ridge side now. IMG_0039.jpg

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
Right on thanks for the report. I am heading up for a half day tomorrow, bring on winter!

You were up there yesterday? I skied for about 90 minutes on Sunday also. It was great to get out and put the skis on! I probably did that single run seven times before calling it quits due to the incoming crowd. I left at 10:30 but totally enjoyed getting out there!

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
Had a wonderful half day at ski Santa Fe for opening day. 75% open, spinning all lifts on Thanksgiving for opening day is exceptional. I don't know NM weather well enough, but Santa Fe seems to have gotten the best of the storms so far this season.

Found some soft snow, tip toed into the trees.

clong83

Stauffenberg!
Skier
I went up there a few weeks ago and hiked a couple of laps before opening. Trees were the best part! Although I imagine it is skied down by now. I was kind of floored by how good the conditions were for early November. I can say that neither Taos nor Pajarito has gotten nearly as much as of yet. Santa Fe just took the bull's eye this early season.
Had a wonderful half day at ski Santa Fe for opening day. 75% open, spinning all lifts on Thanksgiving for opening day is exceptional. I don't know NM weather well enough, but Santa Fe seems to have gotten the best of the storms so far this season.

Found some soft snow, tip toed into the trees.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I went up there a few weeks ago and hiked a couple of laps before opening. Trees were the best part! Although I imagine it is skied down by now. I was kind of floored by how good the conditions were for early November. I can say that neither Taos nor Pajarito has gotten nearly as much as of yet. Santa Fe just took the bull's eye this early season.

That mountain has the best grooming out of just about anywhere I've skied and some great underrated terrain. There was a guy on Epic for a while that used to hit the BC up there regularly and pretty much have it to himself.

clong83

Stauffenberg!
Skier
That mountain has the best grooming out of just about anywhere I've skied and some great underrated terrain. There was a guy on Epic for a while that used to hit the BC up there regularly and pretty much have it to himself.
Yeah, the side-country around Santa Fe is expansive, really good, and mostly pretty safe.* The lift-served resort is definitely one of the more underrated ones out there.

*Please don't read that as "I guess I don't need gear to go hit the Nambe chutes or the Baldy chutes down to Kathryn in January right after a snowstorm!" Use your head if you go back there, please.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Great day up at AZ Snowbowl. It looks like it did at the end of January last season. Someone pulled down the rope on Ridge side and about 50 people went down it before patrol got the rope back up, me and my buddy included. It was decent but needs one more good storm to be opened. Good start to the season for sure.

IMG_0079.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online