• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
First chance of snow is in the forecast for four corners area mountains next Tues/Weds from this hurricane moisture. Bring it on!

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Is this thread going to include Taos this season? :huh: :D

It doesn't matter. Some people want mountain specific threads and that is cool. I think it would be kind of lame to have a thread for every mountain though.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Those Taos peeps are too cool for school! :D

This looks like a windy one. I bet the aspen leaves are all gonna get knocked off the trees.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Those Taos peeps are too cool for school! :D

This looks like a windy one. I bet the aspen leaves are all gonna get knocked off the trees.

Coming up for Oktoberfest next weekend, hopefully a few leaves will survive!

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
This was from five yeas ago, Snowbowl September 29th 2013. Early snow, even if you can't ski it, still gets me fired up for the season. We will be up next weekend for the NAU home game, our daughters are playing in the band. We'll also pick up our passes at the same time.

995528_524065064352134_265424291_n.jpg

Gentry

Booting up
Skier
When does Snowbowl typically open and best time of the year to go? I may be in the Phoenix area this February.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
When does Snowbowl typically open and best time of the year to go? I may be in the Phoenix area this February.

Around Thanksgiving and February or early March would be the best times to go.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wolf Creek on deck for potential double digit storm this weekend. Yes!

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
As of right now, AZ Snowbowl is looking at potential double digits from this storm on Sunday/Monday. Yes, bring it!!!!! @Dryheat @NPhoenix @kimberlin @Shifterkart @raisingarizona

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapCli...ap=1&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text.#.W7gUcPZReUl

Just arrived in Flag this evening. It's a beautiful cool 41 degrees. Can't wait to get a hike in at Campbell Mesa in the morning with the dog, then the Scenic Ride in the afternoon to see the leaves. Sure beats the heat of the valley.

If anyone else is driving up this weekend, watch out for the single lane road works before Munds Park.

Oh, up to 15 inches by Sunday night........yikes.

Last edited:

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
It’s snowing!

Everyone is talking about how this feels a lot like the fall of 04! That season Snowbowl recorded 460 inches and then it snowed another 4 feet that May pushing the mountains actual totals over 500.

If it goes big I’m going to struggle with being in nursing school.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ski Apache yesterday. You can't tell due to the clouds but they got a good dusting of snow at the ski area.
43951455_10156997734021614_3324583683884580864_o.jpg

clong83

Stauffenberg!
Skier
It’s snowing!

Everyone is talking about how this feels a lot like the fall of 04! That season Snowbowl recorded 460 inches and then it snowed another 4 feet that May pushing the mountains actual totals over 500.

If it goes big I’m going to struggle with being in nursing school.
Does NAU have a nursing school? My wife did hers at U of A while in Phoenix. Good luck!

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wonder if we will see record early openings this year for Coleman's resorts? 30 days out from scheduled openings and the snow already looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online