• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am thinking of closing out Sunday River this weekend. Free skiing on Sunday, Anyone have any idea how the Barker Mtn trails are doing? Or the mountain in general? I will probably bring my AT gear and may skin up some closed runs if they look good.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
It kills me to say this since I'm sorta anti IKON BUT Killington isn't faring so well and I'm kinda wishing we had other pass options. Please be kind as I'm actually a sensitive gal.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
It won't save you much, but if anyone is interested I have a few unused Irving Gas BOGO coupon codes that are good at Jay. It would be on ticket window rates, so 2 for $89.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Sunny warm spring meltdown day at Jay on Tuesday. Soft snow ranging from corn to manky. Snow getting really thin in many lower elevation trees. Kitz Woods off the Jet chair were our favorite. Soft bumps rule. Love Jay but it is a long ass drive from Killington.

IMG_5519.jpg IMG_5520.jpg

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I just won 4 lift tickets to Jay Peak.

Killington this weekend and I'll book lodging for Jay next weekend. That'll be a lovely way to ring in May. I never win anything so I'm pretty excited. I have only been to Jay once after I'd only been skiing a couple years. I'm very excited to go back now.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
I just won 4 lift tickets to Jay Peak.

Killington this weekend and I'll book lodging for Jay next weekend. That'll be a lovely way to ring in May. I never win anything so I'm pretty excited. I have only been to Jay once after I'd only been skiing a couple years. I'm very excited to go back now.

Wave on your way by.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Skied Sunday River today. Not really that bad, actually pretty good. They are skiing one lift, Barker, but you can get to about 10 trails, and most have full coverage top to bottom. No walking at all, some have a few bar spots you have to avoid. All in all pretty reasonable day and a lot of fun. Tomorrow is the last day and skiing is free. Looking forward to a sunny day, as it snowed for a while today (didn't accumulate). Bring the wide skis for spring snow and you will have fun.

James

Out There
Instructor
Anyone ski Killington today?
It's 40 deg and snowing lightly in Ludlow.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Skied Sunday River today. Not really that bad, actually pretty good. They are skiing one lift, Barker, but you can get to about 10 trails, and most have full coverage top to bottom. No walking at all, some have a few bar spots you have to avoid. All in all pretty reasonable day and a lot of fun. Tomorrow is the last day and skiing is free. Looking forward to a sunny day, as it snowed for a while today (didn't accumulate). Bring the wide skis for spring snow and you will have fun.

I was up yesterday afternoon, agree that the conditions were pretty good. Significantly better than I expected.

Planning on packing the skins today and venturing out to some of the closed terrain. Maybe I’ll see you out there!

MadPatSki

Putting on skis
Skier
I haven't post anything on any ski forums this year, but I kicked myself to continue my annual keeping track of Eastern closing dates.

After the East, there will be a few places out West...in Europe or in the Southern Hemisphere.

Here is the latest post:

Bad news, Good news: May is still a skiing month – Eastern Closing 2019 – Week 5
https://madpatski.wordpress.com/201...l-a-skiing-month-eastern-closing-2019-week-5/

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
A hike up still returns some pleasant patch skiing.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
First day since Oct 19 when Killington opened all the lifts in the Northeast are closed until Friday.

Most Snow - Jay Peak at 420"

Most continuous lift days Killington at 199 Days- Oct 19 thru May 5th

Longest season - Sugarloaf claiming 202 Days as of May 5th. (Maine must get a few extra days of winter during the ski season)

Status
Not open for further replies.