• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Some snow falling from the sky would be helpful. The cold temps have allowed for snowmaking top-to-bottom at Snowbasin for several days, which is great, but...

Kyle

Out on the slopes
Skier
Some snow falling from the sky would be helpful. The cold temps have allowed for snowmaking top-to-bottom at Snowbasin for several days, which is great, but...

Does it look like they are going to be able to open next week?

BobMc

In line for the tram
Skier
Alta has a lot more snow than Snowbird, it wouldn't surprise me if they opened soon. It looks like they've got enough snow for a path down from Collins. Snowbird is concentrating on the Gad side, I'm guessing they're shooting for a tram (reg only) along with Zoom for an opener. They're blowing a lot of snow on the ramp down to Regulator as well as Regulator itself. I also wouldn't be surprised if Brighton opens by this weekend.

The due North was the only thing still holding snow before the meager 4 inches Saturday night.

CCD0B199-0268-4013-AC9F-5F82F46DDF00.jpeg

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
Did anyone ski the WROD at Snowbasin today? I couldn't stomach $81 for all man-made snow so I passed.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I didn't. I want some real snow first. If my daughter wants to go, I might head up there tomorrow afternoon.

Targhee scratched the itch enough for me last weekend to hold off until we at least get some real snow (this weekend storm is looking promising.)

TS
blackke17

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
haven't ridden the WROD either ........been waiting ..

I do know Brighton is planning to open Crest and Snake Creek this weekend. probably Saturday

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Weather is great and the snow is softening up. A bit icy in some spots. Bear Hollow is about as croded as a normal weekend day.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
So, by the time I got up there with Peewee, the top of Sweet Revenge was a sheet of ice, and there were large patches of ice most of the way down.
Reminded me how much I dislike man made snow!