• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Blizzard Brahma
Dimensions: 127-88-111
Radius: 17m@180cm
Sizes: 166, 173, 180, 188
Size tested: 180
Design: All New

Drahtguy Kevin: The Brahma boasts new construction with a reduced turn radius for this year. It is an easy-skiing, narrower all-mountain ski that excels off piste without sacrificing on-piste performance. The new tip makes this ski more user-friendly in all conditions, and the tighter radius boosts the fun factor. Intermediates to experts will find joy in their time on the Brahma.
  • Who is it for? Basically anyone wanting a reliable and predictable whip.
  • Who is it not for? Hosers.
  • Insider tip: An easy-skiing ski is even easier.
@Scotty I. I think you want to ask @Drahtguy Kevin that question. ;)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You sort of asked him, but you kinda have to call him out with an @ mention in order for him to see it when he checks in.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Scotty I. , Expect a sibling Cage Match Comparison between the Bonafide and Rustler 10 this fall. If you are really intersted in these two, we will have them both at our A-Basin Spring Demo this coming week.

Well, it's getting close, the ski mags have all come out and their reviews are a season plus late compared to these Pugski reviews, but both get relevant again really soon.

So, related to the above promised Cage Match Comparison, I'd really like to see a comparison between the Rustler 11 (width 112) and the previous Blizzard version it replaces, the fabled Gunsmoke (~114). Will this be as popular a ski, and at all take the place of the heavier but a bit playful, I gather, Gunsmoke? Or will it be apples to oranges?

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Was reading your review of the Brahma and wondered what a "Hoser" is. In college, it meant a guy who got lots of girls and sex.

As far as I know, "hoser" is a hockey term that goes back to pre-zamboni days, the losing team had the job of hosing down the ice after a game, and therefore known as the hoser. So it's a term now more commmonly used for loser, lacky or unskilled person.

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
As far as I know, "hoser" is a hockey term that goes back to pre-zamboni days, the losing team had the job of hosing down the ice after a game, and therefore known as the hoser. So it's a term now more commmonly used for loser, lacky or unskilled person.

As a former hockey player, that makes perfect sense. It seems that there are multiple definitions for this very versatile word.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Part of the fun of the word is that it's so darned Canadian, often said with a Canadian accent.

Another is that, whatever the intent, it always has sort of a double meaning to laugh about. As in "such a hoser," or "hosehead." A Dan Aykroyd & Co favorite on Saturday Nite Live, at one time.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Hmmmm... read the Bonafide reviews at the thread entry and found myself wondering if we all skied the same ski or the tunes were completely different. JMHO, but in the old ski, I felt like I was between sizes. The 180 felt kind of 'boney/rattle-y' and the 187 a bit plankly.. I always felt that the ski sort of hooked up along the whole length of the while standing in the middle, but that the tip never played much of a role compared to say an Experience 98 which I greatly preferred, which drew one into the turn progressively from tip, then to finish across a strong tail. When I read above that the new design feels vague in the tip, I honestly found myself scratching my head. I thought the new shape benefitted anyone getting their ski well on edge before the fall line and arcing rather than pivoting. I don't see the new ski as being lesser by any means, just different. I've only skied the 180 and enjoyed it in very mixed conditions. Thought is was a great 100 western all-arounder, definitely on the podium for my top 3 '100's'. Given the feel of the 180, I think the 187 would ski well without the blankiness of the old... Maybe the new ski just flexes more evenly... dunno. Haven't picked up the old one for awhile. At any rate, and speaking only for myself at #200-205 lbs, it's the first Bonafide that I'd happily own. Phil, you've seen me ski... am I out to lunch here?

Last edited:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I already saw a Rustler 10 out in the wild last Friday at A Basin. Its gonna be a very popular ski for Colorado. Seems like a great OSQ for resort skiing here.

epicentre

Putting on skis
Skier
Hope this is a good place for this question. Does anybody know how the flex compares between the Brahma and the Brahma CA? I know its lighter, but did they soften it up any compared to the metal version.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hope this is a good place for this question. Does anybody know how the flex compares between the Brahma and the Brahma CA? I know its lighter, but did they soften it up any compared to the metal version.
I honestly forget. I will see the 2019's on Tuesday if you can wait that long. If not, maybe @SkiEssentials can give a quick flex to both.

Sponsor

Staff online