• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cage Match Comparison 2018 Head Kore 93 vs 2018 Head Monster 88

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
First you need to find another bar, $100 gets me 20 craft beers. :) Employee/pro deals are way more discounted on retail price.

I'm thinking PBR + PB&J. :golfclap:

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Localish ski shop is becoming a HEAD dealer again. Will have a stock of Monsters and Kore skis. Taking highest bids. :)

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
FWIW, I've heard (and will verify with our rep) that there will be another run of Kore's shipped in November.
I woudn't be surpised. If they do what Nordica did, we will see early 2019's in February.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
If you like the skis so much why don't you just buy a pair at shop retail? Seem dumb to deny yourself the skis just because you can't get an employee discount. What's the savings $100 or so? That's like 4 lunches at a Vail Corp resort or 10 craft beers.
I Did that a couple of years ago when the Enforcers sold out. @SkiEssentials gave me 10% off retail, and I got my skis and never regretted paying a little more for skis I have really enjoyed.
By the way, you can get any craft beer at my favorite après spot in Vail for just $3.
And the ahi tuna wrap at Mid-Vail is like $12 or $13 and worth every penny.

TahoeCharlie

...Major Tom...
Skier
TahoeCharlie said:
If you like the skis so much why don't you just buy a pair at shop retail? Seem dumb to deny yourself the skis just because you can't get an employee discount. What's the savings $100 or so? That's like 4 lunches at a Vail Corp resort or 10 craft beers.

I Did that a couple of years ago when the Enforcers sold out. @SkiEssentials gave me 10% off retail, and I got my skis and never regretted paying a little more for skis I have really enjoyed.
By the way, you can get any craft beer at my favorite après spot in Vail for just $3.
And the ahi tuna wrap at Mid-Vail is like $12 or $13 and worth every penny.

That was the whole point of my comment. Life is too short to deny yourself the pleasure of something you really like because of a couple of bucks.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TahoeCharlie said:

That was the whole point of my comment. Life is too short to deny yourself the pleasure of something you really like because of a couple of bucks.

Quoted for future reference. ogwink

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Not to get too into it, but many folks in ski retail have very tight budgets. One person's 'few dollars' is another's 'making the rent' or 'paying the health care deductable'.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Way too early in the morning to deal with the delusion.
May be a few more cups of coffee.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Another funny from the video: "Not for people who are out of shape." Or something to that effect. Plus, the skiing...

Maybe Head could add that to their marketing speak.

They already categorize the Monster for experts that ski fast, so why not just keep that train rolling?!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Maybe Head could add that to their marketing speak.

They already categorize the Monster for experts that ski fast, so why not just keep that train rolling?!
Man, I could run with this and come up with all KINDS of slogans.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Another funny from the video: "Not for people who are out of shape." Or something to that effect. Plus, the skiing...

Especially the skiing. :roflmao::roflmao:

Yes, I know I am being mean.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Man, I could run with this and come up with all KINDS of slogans.

By all means. I'm currently participating in an ELEVEN PERSON conference call, where all I really need to say is "sounds perfect to me" at the end of the call, so........

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I just bought a pair of Head Advant Edge 125 ski boots, but according to the Head website they are suitable for advanced skiers on groomers. So, I guess according to Head I will need to change boots to go tree skiing or out of bounds.:rolleyes:

dlague

Waitin' for Wintah
Skier
Not to get too into it, but many folks in ski retail have very tight budgets. One person's 'few dollars' is another's 'making the rent' or 'paying the health care deductable'.

Glad you point that out! I am all for buying current and paying near top prices if someone is so inclined. I am not one of those mostly because I do not just buy for myself. At this time I am buying for 4 soon 3 and was 6. When you add season passes to that well it really starts to add up. Going from the Ice Coast to Colorado, we decided to change up out gear. Even 10% off the suggested price is often too high. Sometimes on these forums (not just here), there is a sense of pressure to have the latest or ski certain types/brands. I think it is great that people are willing to buy several pairs of new skis every year or every other year. But it really boils down to individual preference and the type of skiing they do and finally their budget. Some people are brand fanatics and if you ask about skis, those particular brands are what they know best - that has to be taken with a grain of salt. So when someone suggest that if you really like a ski it is worth spending the extra money that is harder than some might think, but I can find gear I like enough for my family that is sub $400.

We purchased three sets of skis and bindings including binding mounts for $1049 and got Volkl 100eight, Solomon Rockr 2 (Demo), and Volkl One (free mounting) - BTW two pair were from Skiessentials.com through a Volklpalooza sale. Overall, I am extremely happy with that.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
As someone who spends a frankly irresponsible amount of money on skiing each year (thanks to no kids & a willingness to keep working full-time) I'm all in with anyone looking to save a few bucks and dig for bargains. Want vs Need is a tough balancing act.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
The Kore 93 is a good looking ski. What's inside. Metal or carbon?

Sponsor