• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2018 Icelantic

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Icelantic Nomad 95
Dimensions: 130-95-120
Radius: 19m@181cm
Sizes: 161, 171, 181, 191
Size tested: 181
Design: Carryover

dean_spirito: Probably the most playful ski I tested this year, the Nomad 95 is designed for the skier who is constantly jumping and buttering around the mountain. I’ve literally never experienced a ski with so much flex in the tip and tail, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. Early rise combined with minimal camber contribute to a ski that is surfy and pivoty, yet surprisingly stable. You would expect a ski as soft as the Nomad 95 to simply fold when pushed to the limits, but no matter the speed on groomers, they stayed with me every step of the way. The poplar core makes them extremely light and gives them a great feel when spinning and flipping off jumps. I’m not sure that they would be the ideal choice for charging through crud or deep snow, but if you are looking for a jibby frontside ski that loves to play in the park, look no further.
  • Who is it for? Park rats and jibbers, lightweight skiers, and those who prefer a soft ski.
  • Who is it not for? Heavier skiers and those who prefer a stiff ski: the Nomad 95s are noodles.
  • Insider tip: This ski is going to be way too soft for a lot of skiers out there; it was definitely designed with butters and ollies in mind.