• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cage Match Comparison 2019 Blizzard Brahma vs2019 Rossignol Experience 88 Ti

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 7.52.33 AM.png
In all its wisdom, Blizzard played it safe when redesigning the Brahma. It had a good thing going and decided to tweak things rather than start over. So, the new Brahma got a slightly more rounded shovel, a slightly more aggressive sidecut, and a slightly more balanced flex compared to the model that we used 2 years ago. The key words here, if you haven’t noticed, are "slightly more," and in ski math, 3 slightly mores = 1 significantly better.

Now, the all new Experience 88 Ti -- or is it EXP 88 Ti (I'm not sure, in the catalog it is Experience, on the ski it is EXP) -- well, whatever you call it, this is an all-new ski, a revolution from the old ski. Rossignol went the opposite direction from Blizzard, making the ski significantly more relaxed with significantly more tip rise and a slightly tighter turn radius. Here, 2 significantly + 1 slightly = a ski that is a $hitload more fun than the old model.
  • Why choose the Brahma? You favor stability. The Brahma wants to run -- just like a bull through the streets of Pamplona.
  • Why choose the Experience 88 Ti? You liked the hard snow feel of the old Experience but want a ski that will be playful off piste Here you go.

bjohansson

Putting on skis
Skier
Interesting.....a friend asked me what is the best all-mountain ski for where we ski (Magic Mountain, VT). I mentioned both of these skis.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
How different is the 2019 Brahma from the 2017 Brahma?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How different is the 2019 Brahma from the 2017 Brahma?
The 19 is a better hard snow ski than the original design. Blizzard shortened the tip and make the ski a bit more reactive. as soon I skied both back to back the new one made the old one feel....old. It is amazing with a little tweak when done right can do.

fasteddie

Down the hill with speed pls! Love Italian Beefs!
Skier
Was on my ‘18 Brahmas (same as ‘19) today in 8 inches fresh at Alpine Meadows. Did quite well on the Pow then when it cut up was still on point! Love these skis and highly recommended!!

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
@Philpug not to derail,this comparison but how does the Monster 88 line up with these 2? I really liked the new Monster version when I demo’d it. I have not been on the Brahmas since 2015 when I got the Bonafide instead. I liked the Brahma but liked the Bones better. Sounds like I would like the new Brahma.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug not to derail,this comparison but how does the Monster 88 line up with these 2? I really liked the new Monster version when I demo’d it. I have not been on the Brahmas since 2015 when I got the Bonafide instead. I liked the Brahma but liked the Bones better. Sounds like I would like the new Brahma.
The Monster is still damn good. I really like the new one but I have a feeling that it is in the twilight of it's run. Sadly no fault of it's own. If you struck oil with the new Monster 88, stop drilling and buy it.

Sponsor