• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Anyone ski the Dictator series?
Yes I am one of the few Dictator fans. See the review that I wrote back win March. They got the call for 31 days this past season and they required some softer conditions to shine. Steeps, trees, wind loaded, skiing the storm the boards these boards rock. Great spring corn mogul ski. Plan to get a few friends on them this year to get some feedback. Bought them from the Faction rep so they have demo bindings. Look me up if you make it to Killington this season.

https://www.pugski.com/threads/faction-dictator-3-0.8987/

Mister Mann

aka ADKS
Skier
Yes I am one of the few Dictator fans. See the review that I wrote back win March. They got the call for 31 days this past season and they required some softer conditions to shine. Steeps, trees, wind loaded, skiing the storm the boards these boards rock. Great spring corn mogul ski. Plan to get a few friends on them this year to get some feedback. Bought them from the Faction rep so they have demo bindings. Look me up if you make it to Killington this season.

https://www.pugski.com/threads/faction-dictator-3-0.8987/
Thanks; I was thinking the narrower 1.0 or 2.0 for where I ski, mostly closer to NYC. I mainly ski on a relatively old 80 width ski (Salomon Enduros), which I've found to be a pretty versatile width. Hope to get up to Killington this season.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Hey Faction Fans, Let me know any of your Faction questions. We have established a line of contact directly with Faction and will get the facts for you!

Questions I have so far:

What are the overall changes to the lineup for 2018/19

I can confirm that the "X" in the Prodigy lineup simply means its their women intended top sheets.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Just heard back from Dave Bottomley, NA Sales and Ops Mgr for Faction. Dave was kind enough to provide updates on the new lineup and clarify some of the questions regarding the Candide (CT) line and prodigy. We appreciate his helping the Pug community out.
  • Candide is back mostly unchanged. The mount positions are the same. The samples only had the candide mounting point, but production has both the candide and all mountain, We did add a centimeter of poplar reinforcement along the edges of the balsa flax core to increase the sheer strength on the Candide 3.0, 4.0 and 5.0. (+60% stronger than the normal b-comp balsa flax core) The 17/18 Candide models with the balsa flax core had this update but it was not communicated until this year as it was a tweak in between our sample and production runs in 17/18.
  • The Candide 5.0 is new to the line up,
  • The CT 1.0 added the 188 length, and
  • the CT 2.0 added the 158 and 188 lengths
  • Prodigy 1.0 and 3.0 are new redesigned skis. The 2.0 did not get redesigned as it is one of our best selling skis. More than likely it will be updated in the future to mirror the shapes from the rest of the line. We did add the 154, 158, and 164 lengths and flax stringers to Prodigy 2.0

Last edited:

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The C.T. 2.0 is neat.

If there's fresh at that Love demo, I'll want to ski the C.T. 3.0 and Prime 3.0 again, hopefully - the C.T. because I only skied it in crud, not pow; and the Prime, if nothing else, because it was such a great, fun, crud-bashing ski; and now I wonder, did it really do so well in pure powder too? (The stuff lasted such a short time, I have a hard time remembering for sure, but it seemed like it did.)

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
I’ve said it before but I’m going to say it again, I only spend my money on Rossignol and lucky for me they make good products but if I was ever to venture out my first pick would be that 2.0 in a 184, no demo , factory mount and I’m sure,,,,,,,,nothing but fun.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I will try to demo the CT 2.0 and the Prodigy 1.0 & 3.0 with the new layup. I liked the Prodigy 2.0 in general however, its too soft for use out of the park. lightweights may be OK with it though.

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Ron I ended up spending a lot of time on the CT 2.0 today. Actually took it out multiple times. Not bad at all. I was pretty surprised at the edge hold. On one run I got off of chair 1 and headed down Spillway to Richards pushing pretty hard. I couldn't believe I was on a 102. Really stable. Easy to ski. I also took them off of 6 into the trees. Equally impressed. Snow was rutted but again they were so stable and easy to maneuver. Definitely some dampness but still tons of fun.

I also demo'd the CT 1.0. If someone is looking for a narrower well rounded all mountain/park type ski this just might be the ticket. Go try this ski and see if it's for you.

Thanks Ron for the info you have provided.

Reactions: Ron

Gentry

Booting up
Skier
Looking to pick up last year's Dictator 2.0's. My only hesitation is I read a review which said one of its weaknesses is steep terrain. I'm mainly an on piste steep groomer skier so I need it to shine there...

Gentry

Booting up
Skier
So you wouldn't recommend Dictator 2.0's for off piste? I thought they'd at least be 70/30, on/off piste.

Gentry

Booting up
Skier
Right on. Thanks for the input. I've read so many reviews on these things now I'm trying to wrap my head around it all. Ski reviews are a very peculiar, personal beast.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
So you wouldn't recommend Dictator 2.0's for off piste? I thought they'd at least be 70/30, on/off piste.
Skied my Dictator 3.0’s for the past 8 days here at Killington. Snovember has made for great soft conditions. Great ski in the steeps, powder, cut-up and soft conditions.

peterm

Getting off the lift
Skier
Late to the party here but I tried the CT 2.0 at a demo day recently and had a blast. Definitely the funnest ski I tried.
I was on the 2020 model which is all blue and looks smarter to my eyes. My guess it that it's unchanged apart from color, but who knows.
I skied the 184, mounted on the all mountain line, and it was plenty turny and playful.

Sponsor

Staff online