• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
From what I've heard about SV, I'd put it in the lake louise camp in that it's steep groomers and a narrow edge grabber pair of skis is what i'd want.

Went up one Sunday and talked to a couple of the shops. From what they were saying and what they have on their ski walls, something in the frontside oriented 85 under foot looks to be the going thing. Lots of Fishers, Elans, Heads and Rossies. That would balance my little quiver well, just need to find some red ones.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Upper Green Trails at SV- Great place to Earn your turns.. Can't wait to go back! Ketchum is an awesome town too.

26239264_1891547944188974_64474816275298796_n.jpg

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Those green runs off Seattle Ridge are some of the steepest green run I have seen. Poor beginners.
When it comes to memorable green runs. Have to say the huge bumps on Big Emma at the Bird give them a good run for the money.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Those green runs off Seattle Ridge are some of the steepest green run I have seen. Poor beginners.
When it comes to memorable green runs. Have to say the huge bumps on Big Emma at the Bird give them a good run for the money.

Every ski area uses their color crayons a little differently based on what the lines are like.

Now back to this cagematch.:popcorn:

mister moose

Instigator
Skier
I went to Skirack in Burlington last week, and the skinniest ski on their wall was a Navigator 85.
I wonder if there is also a generational component to this.
Don't forget the push to sell equipment component. The industry loves to have something to sell you - more width, more rocker, more side cut, magic chips, rods, fibers, thin layers of exotic metals, airplanes on the top sheet. I just bought a pair of full rocker 140mm underfoot K2s with radium glow paint and LED headlights to ski closing run on the Solstice. Can't wait!

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh, that’s Sun Valley all right. Looks like the Christmas chair from the top. Or is is Lookout? They converge at the top. There are trees on Bald Mt, but trees are sparse on most of the surrounding mountains. Actually you will find them on the north side of the mountains, but from the south, east and west they look bare.

And Sun Valley is a great place to ski a Head Titan or Fischer The Curve GT (just trying to keep the thread from drifting too much more).

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We really want to get up to Sun Valley, we have heard nothing but fantastic things about the mountain.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Sun Valley is tremendous, particularly if you like to rip long fairly steep classic groomers. Booking a trip and hoping to catch fresh snow {let alone powder} is a bit of a risk. I've probably got 60-70 days there, going back to 1965 as a young kid. We've always had family friends based there. We love it. When we visit, we bring pretty narrow cruising/race skis and keep them sharp. We have a lot of friends who ski Sugarloaf and love Sun Valley. The weather is "quite a bit better". Ketchum is a great town as well. Not cheap. I have a college friend who has an amazing home there, guest house, breakaway apartment, etc.

Great "home' for the Heads and Fischers. My local friends there are skiing a narrowish carver, or a longer GS cheater or GS race ski about 75% of the time. I think you could ski a Titan 85% of your time. Not as familiar, yet, with the Fischer Curv lineup.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
When we visit, we bring pretty narrow cruising/race skis and keep them sharp. We have a lot of friends who ski Sugarloaf and love Sun Valley. The weather is "quite a bit better".

I think I'm going to submit this to Webster as a canonical example of "backhanded compliment."

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
I think I'm going to submit this to Webster as a canonical example of "backhanded compliment."

Touche. Note no "Sun" in the name Sugarloaf. I believe that Franklin County. ME is one of the cloudiest counties in the U.S., in New England, for sure.

My favorite line about Sugarloaf, which has been "home" for 30 years {moving from Stowe}, is "Where else can we ski from sunup to sun down....AND BE DONE BY 10AM."

Yeah, the weather at S.V. can be just spectacular a lot of the time. Bluebird, crisp, great surface. Bit of a long drive for me, though.

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
Hi to all , I just join forum.
I just want to give you some tips about CURV GT.
I have CURV GT , got them last season and I absolutely love those skis. I am 6"0" and I choose 168cm because I like do both short and long turns and they handle very well anything you try , they are very stable on high speed and long turns.I got 52 mph with them on some GS turns and they were very stable .
I also ski in some Powder with them and up to 8-10 inches they are absolutely very good. I also ski in 2.5 feet powder and they did Ok but it was very hard to handle them in that deep snow. I and not big fan of powder skiing , more groom runs , but sometimes you can not choose. If anyone want to know anything about them more just let me know.

Fanman

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi to all , I just join forum.
I just want to give you some tips about CURV GT.
I have CURV GT , got them last season and I absolutely love those skis. I am 6"0" and I choose 168cm because I like do both short and long turns and they handle very well anything you try , they are very stable on high speed and long turns.I got 52 mph with them on some GS turns and they were very stable .
I also ski in some Powder with them and up to 8-10 inches they are absolutely very good. I also ski in 2.5 feet powder and they did Ok but it was very hard to handle them in that deep snow. I and not big fan of powder skiing , more groom runs , but sometimes you can not choose. If anyone want to know anything about them more just let me know.
I also just started skiing them this season 2019 and love them! I am 5’10” 185lbs ex racer. I think the are one of the best all around skis that I have had so far. I also got them in 10” of powder at Snowmass and loved the Way they worked, especially for a carver. I have the 175cm and I am very happy with the turn shapes they allow me to make. They are responsive and fairly easy to ski, not to catchy at all. Considering they have very square tails, I can still slide them around if I need to. I tried the Titan’s last year and thought the were less responsive and do not carve as well. I also skied the Head Magnums last season and I also liked them better than the Titan’s. Just giving my two cents.

Sponsor

Staff online