• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
They are good deals for sure and still worth jumping on.
I generally shy away from the men's construction as I am not an aggressive skier with a ton of power; I am very intrigued by a sub 80 ski though. When @ADKmel goes for the V76w that gives me pause on the men's version. Mel - did you try both the V76 and V76w?

I have the 2015 Blizzard Viva 810 TI IQ 167 (women's version of the X-Power 810 TI IQ) which is 81mm underfoot so I can happily stick with those.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
I generally shy away from the men's construction as I am not an aggressive skier with a ton of power; I am very intrigued by a sub 80 ski though. When @ADKmel goes for the V76w that gives me pause on the men's version. Mel - did you try both the V76 and V76w?

I have the 2015 Blizzard Viva 810 TI IQ 167 (women's version of the X-Power 810 TI IQ) which is 81mm underfoot so I can happily stick with those.

No, I only demo'd and fell in love w/the V76w's Yes, I think They are awesome, I think as playful as your Sheeva 9's like them these are SOOO Turney and love to be on edge. They're Way easy on the knees at 76 under foot. Mine have demo bindings and I'll bring to SR in March :) My BSL is 285 but we can have a shop move the bindings if you want to try them :)

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
This is a two year old thread so should the V76 now be compared to the Head V8?

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
With the Rally’s “Hammerhead” tip the size of Nebraska, the Liberty V76 would be my vote.
My older Rally does not have that tip but I have skied the Titan with the new tip and it didn't seem to bother me at all. I think any issue with the new tip is visual.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If you can ski these skis, you will have no issue with the V76...no issue at all.

Eric Edelstein

ExoticSkis
Skier
Industry Insider
Scruffy....when I was demo-ing the VMT series, I found they skied pretty true-to-length. For example, I'm 5' 11" and the 179 cm VMT 79 is just right for me for my medium-to-larger GS-style arcing habits. The VMT 82 and 92 were the same way. Hope this helps..

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
If you can ski these skis, you will have no issue with the V76...no issue at all.
Do you think I would be happiest on the V76 165 (just shy of 5’9”, 175 cm/140)? I am looking to try a sub 80 ski to perform as a New England ice biter and groomer ski; I favor shorter turns and moderate speeds. Right now the Viva is holding that spot but I would love to try narrower. I have the Viva 810 ti 167, Sheeva 9 174 and the Santa Ana 100 (pre-metal) 177.

Also, any significant changes in design from year to year? Sierra has the V76 165 for $299 and for $199. The latter must be an earlier year and looks slightly blue instead of gray, but no details regarding year are provided.

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Do you think I would be happiest on the V76 165 (just shy of 5’9”, 175 cm/140)? I am looking to try a sub 80 ski to perform as a New England ice biter and groomer ski; I favor shorter turns and moderate speeds. Right now the Viva is holding that spot but I would love to try narrower. I have the Viva 810 ti 167, Sheeva 9 174 and the Santa Ana 100 (pre-metal) 177.

Also, any significant changes in design from year to year? Sierra has the V76 165 for $299 and for $199. The latter must be an earlier year and looks slightly blue instead of gray, but no details regarding year are provided.
Changes are significant enough. Stop himming and hawing...by the time you do decide, at these prices, they will be gone. ;)
@Philpug will you have the V76's w/you? Maybe I can try them and let @lisamamot know the difference between My 76w's and regular Version? (i'm not bringing mine w/me, just the Z-90s)
No, I will not.
Oooooh, that would be so helpful.....fingers crossed!
Sorry.

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier

I know, right? That said; I asked:

And Phil said.....

Changes are significant enough. Stop himming and hawing...by the time you do decide, at these prices, they will be gone. ;)

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online