• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
The Evolv 100 has a premium feel at a very affordable price. One of the highlights from that tent actually.

I LOVED...
  • Evolv 100
  • Helix 98
  • VMT 82
  • VMT 76
  • Transfer
I LIKED...
  • Origin 96
I also skied the Origin 106, but I don't think the conditions were conducive to a fair test. I'm looking forward to skiing them again in considerably deeper snow.

James

Out There
Instructor
Did the evolves get a more bent up tip? Did the new vmt's get that?

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
So, Liberty Evolv100 Vs. K2 Mindbender 99ti.... its on

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Is the Origin 90 out for this current model year?

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve been doing the eenie meenie miney moe on the 76 vs 82. I think I’ve finally settled on the 82. Waiting to hear back from Ski Essentials on a PM I sent them then final decision.

pcjer

Booting up
Skier
I feel like some evolv90s are in my future. Was going to pull trigger on the v82 but now I'll have to wait. We close down in 2 weeks anyway.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So, I ended up buying the v82 last season. I got them out a couple of times but frankly wasn't wowed by them so before this season I had my tune guy put a new tune on on them. I now have had them out 2 out of my 3 days this season and I understand why people like this ski! Saturday I was out at Copper with no new snow since the weekend before. Fortunately, it had been fairly cold so it was it pretty good shape but getting firm and skied off for sure. These skis really shined in these conditions. Nice and responsive, felt great in the bumps, with enough width at the tip to get through minor chunky stuff. They don't really rail on hard snow so if you're looking for an ice ski this isn't it but we don't get much ice out here so it's fine for me.

I also got on the 2020 Evolv 90 at the demo tent. This ski gives a bit more feedback and is a bit livelier. If I was looking to build a 2 ski quiver with 90 being the lower end of the spectrum this would be an interesting option. I was tired by the time I got on it so I don't think I can give it due atttention but it definitely reinforces that Liberty is no longer just a freestyle ski company.

Reactions: Ron

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So, I ended up buying the v82 last season. I got them out a couple of times but frankly wasn't wowed by them so before this season I had my tune guy put a new tune on on them. I now have had them out 2 out of my 3 days this season and I understand why people like this ski! Saturday I was out at Copper with no new snow since the weekend before. Fortunately, it had been fairly cold so it was it pretty good shape but getting firm and skied off for sure. These skis really shined in these conditions. Nice and responsive, felt great in the bumps, with enough width at the tip to get through minor chunky stuff. They don't really rail on hard snow so if you're looking for an ice ski this isn't it but we don't get much ice out here so it's fine for me.

I also got on the 2020 Evolv 90 at the demo tent. This ski gives a bit more feedback and is a bit livelier. If I was looking to build a 2 ski quiver with 90 being the lower end of the spectrum this would be an interesting option. I was tired by the time I got on it so I don't think I can give it due atttention but it definitely reinforces that Liberty is no longer just a freestyle ski company.
Honestly, I think the V76 may have been a better choice for you if its complimenting your other skis, but the 82 is pretty great.
I agree about the Evolv 90. Wow what a fun ski.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester

GREAT review. I would agree with your experiences. I think the 82 is a bit more relaxed than "that" more serious hard snow ski. it's what I really like about the VMT line. It works on hard snow (I would put a 1:3 on it) but it's sweet spot is that span between hard snow and a few inches of soft. I keep thinking I need a 82 and a 90 Evolv (to compliment my 100). Super fun energetic ski.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Honestly, I think the V76 may have been a better choice for you if its complimenting your other skis, but the 82 is pretty great.
I agree about the Evolv 90. Wow what a fun ski.

Oh, sure, now you speak up. ogwink:ogbiggrin:

GREAT review. I would agree with your experiences. I think the 82 is a bit more relaxed than "that" more serious hard snow ski. it's what I really like about the VMT line. It works on hard snow (I would put a 1:3 on it) but it's sweet spot is that span between hard snow and a few inches of soft. I keep thinking I need a 82 and a 90 Evolv (to compliment my 100). Super fun energetic ski.

I thought about going to a 1:3 on the 82s, it's at a 1:2 right now.. Might still but we'll see after a few more days.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Oh, sure, now you speak up. ogwink:ogbiggrin:

I thought about going to a 1:3 on the 82s, it's at a 1:2 right now.. Might still but we'll see after a few more days.

give it a shot, better edge hold and you won't lose out on anything else. OR, just wait for more snow and the 1:2 will be fine :).

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
give it a shot, better edge hold and you won't lose out on anything else. OR, just wait for more snow and the 1:2 will be fine :).

Maybe next time I get them tuned. We all know how bad I am about that. Especially these days.
:rolleyes::eek:;)

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January