• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hmm ... will I give Castle Rock a try this year? Who knows?

This past weekend we heard they had groomed Castlerock run before the storm. I wouldn't call the moguls small but if they're soft you can give it a shot and bail when you get to toll road if needed.

James

Out There
Instructor
Well if you take Middle Earth on Castle Rock there is no escape. Other than bushwacking. You're in for a long mogul fest.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
One of the things I love about Middle Earth is the way you think you are doing OK, and then you come around the bend and it gets a lot steeper. And there is an exposed rock. ...

...In every trough.

James

Out There
Instructor
Yeah a few years ago I had a friend up and we went to Sugarbush with a few people. So he tells me "no moguls". Well we end up on Castlerock and I'm on the chair with a 19 yr old local. I ask him about the snow. Middle Earth is amazing apparently. "Not many moguls". Having never been on this trail, I decide we should take that one instead of the bluish Toll Road. Well... it's nothing but moguls. And rocks. No escape. Took me about 45 minutes to get him down.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
See, this is why I feel so at home in this part of the country. Everything has negativity built right in. Even our gathering.

A grandmother is watching her grandchild playing on the beach in Coney Island, when a huge wave comes and takes him out to sea. She pleads, "Please God, save my only grandson. I beg of you, bring him back." And a big wave comes and washes the boy back onto the beach, good as new. She looks up to heaven and says: "He had a hat!"

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
See, this is why I feel so at home in this part of the country. Everything has negativity built right in. Even our gathering.

Hey, that's the chant for the toga party we'll be having!...in the rain...on MiddleEarth.
What other fun games and shenanigans can we incorporate? No-pole-moguls, on Middle Earth? Open to ideas...

Let's make this the most epic N.E.G. ever!

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This would be your best case scenario.
So the best case is to go into a fugue state a minute into the run and come to on the other side of the steep part? Better than Sacramento, I suppose.

James

Out There
Instructor
So the best case is to go into a fugue state a minute into the run and come to on the other side of the steep part? Better than Sacramento, I suppose.
What was up with the trail split too? I remember no splits on Middle Earth.
It's a lie!! Like titanium in skis!

TSQURD

Booting up
Skier
That split is not far beyond the water feature on ME, on the lower portion of the trail. For what its worth, Lift Line and Rumble have been much more enjoyable to ski than ME the last several weeks IMO.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
That split is not far beyond the water feature on ME, on the lower portion of the trail. For what its worth, Lift Line and Rumble have been much more enjoyable to ski than ME the last several weeks IMO.

"Water feature" makes me think of things like this :

Veneto_Large_A1_grande.jpg

For some reason, I don't think that's what I'll find on ME. :eek::D

Reactions: mdf

Sponsor