• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
https://www.skiessentials.com/

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor

This week on Chairlift Chat we take a closer look at the Nordica Enforcer 93. While the ski remains unchanged for the 2019 season, except for a graphics update, we expect it to remain among the most popular all mountain skis on the market. It has arguably helped inspire more emphasis on the low to mid-90 mm waist width range. Can you think of some new 2019 skis that feel like they're designed to compete against the Enforcer 93? We sure can.

Superbman

Getting off the lift
Skier
I love the comprehensive, video and text, east coast savvy skieesential reviews.

How versatile is the 185 length here in the east? Is that the length skied in the review video?

James

Out There
Instructor
I love the comprehensive, video and text, east coast savvy skieesential reviews.

How versatile is the 185 length here in the east? Is that the length skied in the review video?
@Josh Matta loves the 185 at Stowe afaik.
I only tried the proto when Phil had them in Aspen. Very easy to handle ski with a very broad performance envelope and skill appeal. It was clear this was an instant classic. If there weren't zillions of skis available these days, it would be as popular as say the old Solly X Scream. Being close in width to the original Enforcer, aka Enforcer 100 was also slightly confusing. The 93 is far more versatile imo for the east especially, or for advanced skiers.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I have 185cm 93 and 100, both are great eastern skis.

The 100 are tigher turning on soft groomed and 3d snow, where as the 93 are more stable on not soft groomed, and noticable quicker on packed snow off trail, on trail carving they feel slightly less turny than the 100 due to a stiffer tail, but when not carving they feel quicker. Overall I use the 93 WAY more as it has tons of float for a relativity narrow ski it also is more stable on a groomer than my OG 180cm Carbon brahmas. The 100s have effectively replaced my Patrons as my light snow powder ski.

One thing to note is that my new pair of 185cm 93s was very railed from the factory, my old pair of pre production model and my 100s were not railed.....but when railed it feels overly stable and not so fun on any packed snow, I think of tons of disconnect in people's demo of these ski can be attached to poor tune.

BTW my 130lb L8 wife is loving her pair of 169cm Enforcer 93s, she isnt overly aggressive, and hasnt felt the plankiness others have described skiing the shorter length enforcer, I still I am not sure who the Santa Anna 93 is actually for and every women I know who has tried it and loved has liked the E93s even more , it not the the E93 is a plank like the Bonafide. a lighter skier skiing a slow line fast and not pushing on their skis will like the E93 better.

BTW I am -2 on both my Enforcers, Diane is -1 on her 93. I have tried at the line and -1 as well on the 93. The ski feel very jittery to me at the line especially carving though chop or powder, being back lets me pressure the front of the ski more, also -2 skis powder WAY better. The -2 Enforcer 100 ski powder better than my patrons at the line.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have 185cm 93 and 100, both are great eastern skis.

-
Overall I use the 93 WAY more as it has tons of float for a relativity narrow ski it also is more stable on a groomer than my OG 180cm Carbon brahmas. The 100s have effectively replaced my Patrons as my light snow powder ski.

-

BTW my 130lb L8 wife is loving her pair of 169cm Enforcer 93s, she isnt overly aggressive, and hasnt felt the plankiness others have described skiing the shorter length enforcer, I still I am not sure who the Santa Anna 93 is actually for and every women I know who has tried it and loved has liked the E93s even more , it not the the E93 is a plank like the Bonafide. a lighter skier skiing a slow line fast and not pushing on their skis will like the E93 better.

BTW I am -2 on both my Enforcers, Diane is -1 on her 93. I have tried at the line and -1 as well on the 93. The ski feel very jittery to me at the line especially carving though chop or powder, being back lets me pressure the front of the ski more, also -2 skis powder WAY better. The -2 Enforcer 100 ski powder better than my patrons at the line.
Interesting take on them from your wife. I don't recall reading that the 169cm 93 is planky like the 169cm 100.

Btw, If I ever demo the 93 I'll ask to try a -2 setup, thx for the tip.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
yeah the thing is the 100 is softer than the 93 in the tail and basically the same stiffness other than the tail.

Superbman

Getting off the lift
Skier
Do tyrolia attack demo binding (or any demo bindings) allow for fore/ aft binding position adjustment? It seems the all the adjustable bindings (power rails, schizos) have gone away) and I'd think having some adjustment on a ski like this makes sense. What bindings do you use Josh?

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Attack demos are easy to adjust forward or back, no tool required.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
My are mounted with Wardens but I dialed the for and aft in on pair of Marker Schizo that someone else had on theirs.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
BTW my 130lb L8 wife is loving her pair of 169cm Enforcer 93s, she isnt overly aggressive, and hasnt felt the plankiness others have described skiing the shorter length enforcer

Interesting. She can ski. I am listening to this.

pack21

La vita è bella, non sprecarla.
Skier
Very nice and useful review,

After much research, and think of what i most like to do on resort, i.m very tempted to buy the enforcer 93, now my doubt will be which length, 177 or 185? for my 5'11 '176lb semi-advanced, I like aggressive skiing, and ski untreated sections between pistes, especially with trees.

I think i should turn away the idea of the Enforcer 100, given that here in the morning the snow is iced, starting to soften in the end of the morning, and besides that when we go a large group of friends i have to accompany them much inside the pists. I also had ideas with Blizzard bonafide, but I've read warnings that could be a very demanding ski for my level.

As for the enforcer 93, i'm afraid that 177 in length can become short as i progress then in time, given the long rocker, what is your opinion; 177 or 185 for my 180 height ?

Thanks

Last edited:

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I'm 187cm, 73kg and ski the Enforcer 100 at 185; I've also demo'd the 177 and found it fun in tight trees but not elsewhere. And I've demo'd the 185 Enforcer 93 and that length was excellent for me. YMMV, of course.

pack21

Skier
I'm 187cm, 73kg and ski the Enforcer 100 at 185; I've also demo'd the 177 and found it fun in tight trees but not elsewhere. And I've demo'd the 185 Enforcer 93 and that length was excellent for me. YMMV, of course.

There is the an 193 Enforcer, since you measure 187, did you feel better with 185 (-3cm) or you think would be better with the 193 (+ 6cm) ? .... did'nt you feel that the long rocker steals a lot of edge contact , when you carving accelerate, or floating in fresh snow?

Thx

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I was all set to buy the Enforcer 93, and then I demoed the Head Kore 93.

The Head Kore 93 is so light weight that you would think it is a noodle but it is not.

The Kore 93 has no metal and is way lighter and a bit stiffer than the Nordica Enforcer 93 and somehow even without any metal the Kore 93 is a damp ski. It has tip rocker and a small amount of tail rocker.

I have a pair of Kore 93 on order for next year.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I didn't try the 193 Enforcer,100 or 93, and I doubt I'd be comfortable on that size.

I have skied the Kore 93, and it's another excellent ski.

pack21

Skier
I was all set to buy the Enforcer 93, and then I demoed the Head Kore 93.

The Head Kore 93 is so light weight that you would think it is a noodle but it is not.

The Kore 93 has no metal and is way lighter and a bit stiffer than the Nordica Enforcer 93 and somehow even without any metal the Kore 93 is a damp ski. It has tip rocker and a small amount of tail rocker.

I have a pair of Kore 93 on order for next year.

Here in January and February we have iced snow in the morning on&off piste, which off-piste daytime is getting soft, but with a slight hard crust on top, so was looking/thinking a heavier ski will be better to tear this crust, in addition to stability in speed, glue sensation in piste, this was one of the reasons for wanting heavier skis. Have you had a chance to use the Kore 93 in this crust?

There are so many candidate skis for what i want, that i will be forced to make a blind purchase, and then adapt myself to what to buy, as they say "these days there are no worse skis within the same price range", and that reassures me a little.

Finding all candidates for rent is difficult, plus the rental of premium skis costs as much as the Forfait, and I prefer to come more often to the resort.

So, reading a lot, asking a question here and there, I'm sure i will not make a very wrong choice. :)

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January