• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2020-2021 Colorado Weather and Stoke (and beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
mikel

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Except that the air quality is horrible now, thanks to the CA fires, so not too enthusiastic about outdoor activities in Summit or anywhere close until the wind patterns shift. Hoping the wind direction changes before I-70 is cleared.

Denver/Front Range had the worst air quality in the world on Sat. 2nd worse on Sun. Crazy. What's even crazier are people believing their favorite app and thinking they can get thru driving on an unfamiliar mountain rd and not have to drive all the way around thru the Steamboat route. I was surprised the driver of the semi trying to make it on Trail Gulch actually kept most of the truck on the road. That's going to be a $$$$ tow. How many cars used Indy over the weekend? I think the news said 9,000 vehicles avg per day. :geek: I bet Aspen is loving that

mike_m

Instructor
Skier
Governor Polis has prioritized getting two-way traffic open before ski season. He cites detour safety concerns in regard driving in the snow.

Verizon cell coverage is fine at Copper. (It will be nice to have it at the Basin!)

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Stoplights pop up on narrow section of Independence Pass east of Aspen

Denver/Front Range had the worst air quality in the world on Sat. 2nd worse on Sun. Crazy. What's even crazier are people believing their favorite app and thinking they can get thru driving on an unfamiliar mountain rd and not have to drive all the way around thru the Steamboat route. I was surprised the driver of the semi trying to make it on Trail Gulch actually kept most of the truck on the road. That's going to be a $$$$ tow. How many cars used Indy over the weekend? I think the news said 9,000 vehicles avg per day. :geek: I bet Aspen is loving that

Loving it. NOT.

weatherman

Getting on the lift
Skier
Governor Polis has prioritized getting two-way traffic open before ski season. He cites detour safety concerns in regard driving in the snow.

Polis is finally taking this seriously. I'm sure he's getting lots of pressure from Garfield and Pitkin Counties.

It's annoying for me to have to drive to Silverthorne to go to Lowes and Target, but the lack of traffic on I-70 has been nice. The biggest frustration for me is that recreational off-roading has become problematic. No matter where I go I seem to find idiots stuck on the trails.

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
We had a pretty sturdy dusting in Summit county last night. The picture below was taken at about 10:30 after most everything melted. Earlier in the morning the entire area had a pretty good covering.

1629495069365.png

Last edited by a moderator:

BTaylor

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Skier
Breck FB picture of Whale's Tail/Peak 8 from early this morning.

I was up on Boreas Pass at 9 am cheering on the MTB riders in the final stage of the 6-day Breck Epic race. Snow still on the tundra, but fortunately it had melted on the road and gave the riders a nice tacky, but not slippery, surface. They were hauling!!! And enjoying, finally, their first downhill sections of the day---though they were freezing if they didn't have warm kit.

August-20-2021 Snow in Breck.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online