• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2020-2021 Colorado Weather and Stoke (and beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
These forecasting tools are pretty cool (OpenSnow, Powder Chasers, etc...) but is there a good place to see the actual snowfall from a storm? Other than checking each area's snow report, perhaps there is a good place all-on-one site?
onthesnow.com has a lot of info and links backs to the resorts webcams. If that helps you

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Opensnow is the best out there and if you join, you can customize your own dashboard with feeds from the resorts you select. there really isn't a better tool out there. And Joel is a really awesome guy. I would venture that 90% of us (pugs) use it.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
These forecasting tools are pretty cool (OpenSnow, Powder Chasers, etc...) but is there a good place to see the actual snowfall from a storm? Other than checking each area's snow report, perhaps there is a good place all-on-one site?

Opensnow has historic snowfall.

Green08

Front Range Skier
Skier
Still a pretty big crowd for this time of day. :(

View attachment 115728
How much of the “feel” of this being crowded is the result of reduced lift capacity, and reduced terrain?

I feel like with a little more advanced terrain to slow down the “lap times” and the ability to send up 4 folks on every chair and that line would be 1/4 the size

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
How much of the “feel” of this being crowded is the result of reduced lift capacity, and reduced terrain?

I feel like with a little more advanced terrain to slow down the “lap times” and the ability to send up 4 folks on every chair and that line would be 1/4 the size
In order to get that much of a change, more lifts and more terrain will be required. It's still nothing like ABasin, but it sure seems like there are more crowds at LL than in past years. Increasing Front Range population + decreased supply (areas, lifts, and terrain slow to open because of warm, dry conditions) equals overcrowding of limited terrain.

In a normal year there would be far more available terrain spread across the I-70 corridor. Add increased use of parks and recreation because of Covid, and you have more crowding and potentially more Covid spread.

Let it snow! We need to spread out.

Let's hope this looks a lot different Wednesday.

image0001.jpg

Last edited:

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Crowding is all relative.
chairone00001.jpg

It's kind of hard to call this a $h*t $h?w.
At least LL has a working cam at the base. Isn't it curious how ABasin's base cam goes out every fall. If memory serves, this also happened last year. Jus' sayin'.
11-23-2020 1-17-09 PM.jpg

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Opensnow is the best out there and if you join, you can customize your own dashboard with feeds from the resorts you select. there really isn't a better tool out there. And Joel is a really awesome guy. I would venture that 90% of us (pugs) use it.

We are.....Penn State....grad

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We are.....Penn State....grad
i work with a Penn State cult member and she is always busting my chops about Rutgers football. After the first game this year I said well, Rutgers is ahead of PS so i will enjoy it while i can. Who would have thought that 5 weeks later RU would still be ahead of them. And they haven't even won another game:huh:

Reactions: BC.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
i work with a Penn State cult member and she is always busting my chops about Rutgers football. After the first game this year I said well, Rutgers is ahead of PS so i will enjoy it while i can. Who would have thought that 5 weeks later RU would still be ahead of them. And Rutgers hasn't even won another game:huh:

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
i work with a Penn State cult member and she is always busting my chops about Rutgers football. After the first game this year I said well, Rutgers is ahead of PS so i will enjoy it while i can. Who would have thought that 5 weeks later RU would still be ahead of them. And they haven't even won another game:huh:
Rashawn Battle #6....kid I had in school plays LB at Rutgers...

As the morning drop off greeter....I was the first person he met on his first day of school at Wallenpaupack back in 6th grade. He asked me if I was the basketball coach...I wasn’t, (was soccer and baseball) but I took him to gym for a quick workout...and then immediately called our HS basketball coach to tell him about this kid that just moved in...and to keep an eye out for him. Nice kid...free college education...(first family member to go to college....success story).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online